Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No rear facing base with Clek Foonf and box destroyed?

My husband's family in Ohio knows that I am car seat crazy so as a nice surprise for our new baby they sent us a Clek Foonf from Buy Buy Baby. We were ecstatic as you can imagine... WELL I am currently on bed rest because of partial previa and DH wouldn't even let me open the car seat box. He opened the box, removed the seat, kept it in our dining room until I felt rested enough to install it. WELL the trash came on Thursday and he hauled the box out to the curb and said that he is 100% sure it was empty. SO TODAY when I went to do the install- my Foonf is completely missing the rear facing base. There is no trace of it anywhere... The manual- everything else was still attached. I went to Buy Buy Baby immediately once we noticed it and explained to them what had happened. They told me that since it was not something on my registry they could not pull the receipt up and I don't want to make my family members feel horrible by asking for the receipt... So I am at a loss. Is this something Clek will help me with? What would you all do?
    Nicky- Mommy to Addison Grace 12/10/11
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Does the seat look new? If so I'd call clek. Hopefully they will help you. If not your family members should understand the need to exchange.

4. Thank You from:

The seat was most definitely brand new... And the family won't understand. They think I'm nuts as it is already about car seat safety and without the box buy buy baby said there was nothing they could do for me...
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

Re: No rear facing base with Clek Foonf and box destroyed?

I mean, it's not like you can use it without the base! And it wasn't attached already for some reason?

I'd just call Clek (Tuesday, they're closed tomorrow), explain you got the seat as a gift, definitely looks brand new, straight from BBB, but the base wasn't there. I'm pretty sure they'll help you.
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

7. Thank You from:

That's why I'm freakin out haha it's of no use to me without the base. I will call them Tuesday. Thank you all so much I've never dealt with Clek before so I hope they have good customer service.
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

I would definitely call Clek. The base was not attached when mine came out of the box either (they don't ship them that way), but it was hardly unnoticeable!

I also saw that you're installing this for your new baby. The Foonf is not useable for babies under 14lbs and without head control, so make sure you have something else that will work for a newborn as well!

Someone on a different forum had trouble with Clek
    and her Foonf. They said even for baby gift/registry items they require a receipt. Hopefully your family still has the receipt, or you get a different answer from Clek than she did.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

Yeah I was going to use my 18 month old to test it out until the new baby was big enough and she still rear faces too. I really hope they have good customer service because for a $475 seat you really would think they would be accommodating. That makes me sad family doesn't have the receipt... Dh called them frantic. They thought we would have everything we needed and be happy with it.
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelnicky04 View Post
    Yeah I was going to use my 18 month old to test it out until the new baby was big enough and she still rear faces too. I really hope they have good customer service because for a $475 seat you really would think they would be accommodating. That makes me sad family doesn't have the receipt... Dh called them frantic. They thought we would have everything we needed and be happy with it.
    Fingers crossed you reach someone helpful at Clek on Tuesday. When I thought I needed a part they just asked for a picture of the seat and it sounded like they'd just email me the part without asking for my receipt. I didn't end up needing the part. Just wanted to share the experience I heard about where the person didn't have a receipt. Worst case I hope they can give you a good deal on a base.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

13. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic
    If I came down to it could you buy another seat and return the one without the base with that receipt?

15. Thank You from:

Our Buy Buy Baby recently opened and so far we have been extremely happy so I decided that since it wasn't a GREAT experience with them earlier today that I would call them and explain the situation to a manager. I did so and she was very nice and told me to bring the seat in the morning and they will do their best to help me. *crossing fingers* that they help me. I know what store it was purchased at and the date but again no receipt or box so if BBB does help me with this- we will definitely be PRO BBB!!!
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica61624 View Post

If I came down to it could you buy another seat and return the one without the base with that receipt?
    This is what I would do if you can't get it fixed. Buy a new Foonf and then return the defective one with that box and receipt.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

18. Thank You from:

I'm sure Clek can send you a RFing base, even if you have to pay for it wouldn't it still be worth it since you didn't have to pay for the seat?

It's surprising anyone would buy a gift like that and not give a gift receipt or keep the receipt. Anyway, congrats on the Foonf! I hope it all works out for the best at BBB. Are the stores closed tomorrow?
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

My husband's family in Ohio knows that I am car seat crazy so as a nice surprise for our new baby they sent us a Clek Foonf from Buy Buy Baby. We were ecstatic as you can imagine... WELL I am currently on bed rest because of partial previa and DH wouldn't even let me open the car seat box. He opened the box, removed the seat, kept it in our dining room until I felt rested enough to install it. WELL the trash came on Thursday and he hauled the box out to the curb and said that he is 100% sure it was empty. SO TODAY when I went to do the install- my Foonf is completely missing the rear facing base. There is no trace of it anywhere... The manual- everything else was still attached. I went to Buy Buy Baby immediately once we noticed it and explained to them what had happened. They told me that since it was not something on my registry they could not pull the receipt up and I don't want to make my family members feel horrible by asking for the receipt... So I am at a loss. Is this something Clek will help me with? What would you all do?
    That is wonderful that your husband's family came together to purchase the seat for you guys.

I will let customer service know about this situation. I'm not sure what their policy will be so far as if there will be a cost involved, but I'm sure we can get you a replacement base.

The base comes packaged inside the seat under the straps and nestled with the anti-rebound bar. Was the anti-rebound bar thrown out as well?

Please contact us on Tuesday and talk to our customer service. Our customer service phone number is 1-866-656-2462 and regular hours are 9am to 5pm eastern time. Monday is a stat holiday in Canada, but our office will be open on Tuesday.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this in the midst of your pregnancy, I can only imagine how upsetting it must be.

Trudy ~ CRST-IT and Child Passenger Safety Advocate

22. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica61624 View Post

But it wasn't defective -- her husband threw the base away. It's not BBB's fault.

The bass comes sort of enclosed in a plastic bag and surrounded by cardboard. I could see how someone accidentally threw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelvis View Post
    But it wasn't defective -- her husband threw the base away. It's not BBB's fault.

The bass comes sort of enclosed in a plastic bag and surrounded by cardboard. I could see how someone accidentally threw it away.
    He didn't throw the base away... it never came with it. The rebound bar was with the seat but the pins that hold it in are not present... DH is not the most car seat saavy but with me on bed rest I had no choice but for him to take care of the opening especially on such a heavy seat but he's not an idiot... He didn't throw out a piece we needed.
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

He said after the seat was out he even tipped the box upside down and made sure there was nothing else... I believe him.
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    It's surprising anyone would buy a gift like that and not give a gift receipt or keep the receipt. Anyway, congrats on the Foonf! I hope it all works out for the best at BBB. Are the stores closed tomorrow?
    3 different family members went in on the gift and in the midst of that it has come up missing
    Brylee Harper 12/3/13
    Caroline Faith 11/13/14
    Delaney Hope 11/13/14

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

He didn't throw the base away... it never came with it. The rebound bar was with the seat but the pins that hold it in are not present... DH is not the most car seat saavy but with me on bed rest I had no choice but for him to take care of the opening especially on such a heavy seat but he's not an idiot... He didn't throw out a piece we needed.
    If you're on bed rest and felt that opening the box was too much for you, I'd rethink installing the seat as that seems like it would be much more taxing on your body.

3 different family members went in on the gift and in the midst of that it has come up missing
    I can't imagine that physically went to BBB and bought it and then shipped it to you at the post office. (And I think they're generally not available in store yet.) So they likely did this online. There will most definitely be a trace of the receipt. Whomever ordered it should login to their BBB account online and reprint the receipt that way, or search for the email order confirmation and shipping confirmation (at least 2 emails there) and forward those to you. I cannot begin to imagine that family members who bother to send a $$$$$$$ car seat wouldn't bother to help you locate the receipt. BBB will definitely have a record of the online order and where it was shipped to.
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.