Votes: 5 62.5%
  • True Fit

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • My Ride

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have three seats I can use for DS2 (18mo, RF) in my parents' '97 Suburban. All are pre-2012. Which would you choose (he'll likely be installed middle bench, centre.)

• Evenflo Triumph Advance
  • First Years True Fit
  • Graco My Ride

Which would you choose and why? :)

Last edited:
ADS

tiggercat

Ok. Then I would chose the MyRide first because I find the harness fits nicer than the wide set TF. TF is second choice, because I am not a fan of the Triumph knobs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

unityco

Ok. Then I would chose the MyRide first because I find the harness fits nicer than the wide set TF. TF is second choice, because I am not a fan of the Triumph knobs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

If it makes any difference to you, in the Suburban, the knobs are completely unimpeded. :)

firemomof3

I voted for the Triumph, loved that seat. I loved the MyRide up until the new buckles...hate'm. I never liked the TF, continuous harness & install drove me nuts.

kathysr98

I think the sliding harness of the EFTA makes it an awesome grandparent seat, and I find older people seem to like the knobs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I picked EFTA for lower-ish sides and ease of loading the kiddo into it.
(At least in theory, in such a big ol car, it probably does't matter! lol)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Six of one, half dozen of the other. They all underwent structural changes to pass the anti-rebound standard (in Canada, for those of you wondering why pre-2012 matters...). So...whichever you and he like best for any reason at all!

unityco

Six of one, half dozen of the other. They all underwent structural changes to pass the anti-rebound standard (in Canada, for those of you wondering why pre-2012 matters...). So...whichever you and he like best for any reason at all!

LOL, that's kinda the crux of it. ;) The last few times we've used the EFTA. I like it a lot. In theory, I love the TF, but I've never had the chance to use one much myself (I'm leaning towards using it, just for the experience.) I hate the looks of the MR. Just does not appeal at all :p, yet I know many do love it (and, of course, it has cup holders! :p )

For now, I've told Mom to put the TF in the car. I can always re-evaluate later. :)

Oh, and Jools, you make a good point! It kinda does matter in that car. I think maybe 'cause the bench is so high? It's like there's not a lot of headroom. Whatever the dimensional issue is, I do find it awkward to load a kid without banging their head (or maybe I'm just inept. :p )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC