Vent 9 year old and Bubble Bum

scoutingbear

The 9 year old has managed to get a hole in the Bubble bum. I'm so freakin mad. I noticed the other day it wasn't inflated all the way when he was in it and asked him to blow it up more. He did, sat down and there was a slow hissing of air. :mad:

ADS

tl01

The 9 year old has managed to get a hole in the Bubble bum. I'm so freakin mad. I noticed the other day it wasn't inflated all the way when he was in it and asked him to blow it up more. He did, sat down and there was a slow hissing of air. :mad:

I would be mad too... Especially if the seat worked for us;).

tiggercat

Are you sure he damaged it? Weren't there some leaky air bladders in some of them? (That sounds funny, but do you know what I mean, lol?)

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

scoutingbear

Apparently he was taking it into class with him. And the poking around in the backseat with a pencil may have had something to do with it too. :mad:

Irishmama

Ours had a bad valve that caused the bladder to leak. They replaced it right away. I'd be surprised something like a pencil would cause a hole, it was my understanding that the material is a little tougher than that. I'd give them a call, they have awesome customer service.

cevamal

Absolutely contact them: info@bubblebum.us

Mine stopped holding air after a few months. I emailed them and had a new one within a week or two. The only questions asked were my address and color preference. I didn't even have to send the old one back.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Leaky bladders is a known issue with some of them... It seems like they all were probably from a certain time frame and yours, if it's less than a year old, seems like it likely fits right in there...

scoutingbear

Things have been super crazy around here so thank you for bumping this thread. Yup. It is about a year old...close to it. We bought the seat just before school started last year. Now that I'm done stressing over a new car, my brain might be able to handle other tasks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC