Flashback!! I had to do it :D

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Foofy!!!!!!

Talk about flashbacks.... I remember how they got that name! Someone was being all snotty about not wanting to pay more for those foofy Britaxes, and we were all telling her how awesome they were (because, yeah, they SO were more awesome than *everything else* :D), and next thing we know, there it was in the new cover lineup. This was back when us oldtimers were on IVillage/Parentsplace and the Marathon first came out (2002), and denim was Britaxes trademark fabric.
I saw this in the albee ad on the side yesterday and was like, wth? Ghost from the past?
Thanks for sharing!!!!!

PS, yeah, it's not my cuppa tea, we way loved our Fido and Arctic Cat and Ashley Floral, though.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
NOT MY KID...NOT MY PIC....found online, but a MUCH better representation of the Foofy cover!

foofy.jpg

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I still think it looks like a really ugly apron.:eek:

But yeah, between that and gross grey/brown/mixture of the two I'd probably convince myself I liked it!

Phineasmama

Sorry but no, that is not cute :p Denim and frilly flowers?? I've seen it before and always thought it was :sick: If someone gave me that seat for FREE I would still buy a different cover to replace it.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
You have to remember that Foofy was one of the first really girly covers. No one made pink or purple or flowery carseat covers back then. Almost everything was brown or grey or navy or EB plaid. :rolleyes:

I remember Foofy being a really big hit with parents who had girls! I still have one in my collection of old Britax training seats. Plus, the cotton fabrics were awesome for the summer heat.

Phineasmama

I can see that people were excited about it, but I can also guarantee I would not have been lol. I have always been vehemently against denim on anything besides JEANS. There was also way too much bad denim use in the 90s.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I loved my "New Blues" 100% cotton denim MA cover. The original Britax denim fabrics faded too easily and looked worn out quickly but they fixed that issue on the next-gen New Blues cover. It was also an awesome summer cover for my sweatbox of a baby.

Denim MA cover.jpg

But on the flip side - there is nothing worse than a really bad denim outfit. Britney and Justin are probably still cringing at this one...

Britney and Justin - red carpet jean outfit.jpg

:spit:

StillThankful

I loved my "New Blues" 100% cotton denim MA cover. The original Britax denim fabrics faded too easily and looked worn out quickly but they fixed that issue on the next-gen New Blues cover. It was also an awesome summer cover for my sweatbox of a baby.

View attachment 21814

But on the flip side - there is nothing worse than a really bad denim outfit. Britney and Justin are probably still cringing at this one...

View attachment 21815

:spit:

HA!!!!!! :spit: HILARIOUS!!

glockchick

I so miss the cotton fabrics. It was 114 today according to the thermometer in my back yard. My poor AC couldn't keep up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC