Opinions? Booster, Cleaning Cover, New Seat?

Kayleen

I have 2 FR85s and 1 Graco Turboboster (HBB). My daughter finally! can do up her harness and undo it as well. She also does excellent in a booster seat as well. I am leaning towards keeping her harnessed, because she still fits; I think we have 1 or 2 more clicks that we can move the harness up, so that would give me another year at least in harness mode.

I really like the fit of the Graco TB, but the FR85 in booster mode seems so big on her. The shoulder belt gets a good fit. The lapbelt seems really wide, great position, but not cradling her hips/thighs like it does with the TB. If I were to booster her in the FR85, then I would buy the secure guard crotch strap to prevent submarining. I really want latch with any booster I use for her.

I really would like to get a new seat or at very least a new cover for the FR85. The livia cover is grungy from sunscreen oils. I tried washing it once, and it made no improvement. I may try again with some good soaking to try to break up the oils.

• Any suggestions for cleaning the cover? I have access to Dawn or Palmolive dish soaps, All Free&Clear detergent, Target Up&Up brand detergent, and White vinegar. Any thoughts?

• Would I like a Parkway SGL (probably the 2013 model) better for boostering than the FR85s? There are no PWSGL (of any model) in store within 2 hours of me to even try.

TIA.

Last edited:
ADS

Athena

Since I happen to have the 3 seats you mentioned (FR85, PWSGL, and TBHBB) ... my DD is over a year older than yours and on the top harness position on the FR85, but this might help as a comparison of how the three seats fit differently in booster mode. When I tried her in the FR85 in booster mode to test the fit, I found the same thing, that although it's not a bad fit, it feels really wide on her and I'm really hoping it improves before she outgrows the harness. The PWSGL fits her better, although not as nice as the slender fitting Turbo for her very slender body. Unfortunately, the Turbo is incompatible with the vehicles she usually rides in, so it usually sits in the basement. It's hard when you have to choose between vehicle compatibility and the absolute best child compatibility, but I think the PW is fine (or I would not use it) and my DD is extremely narrow, so it might fit your DD really well. Anyway, HTH.

Athena

I forgot about the cleaning. I've never had to get sunscreen oils out of livia, so I can't guarantee it will work for that particular situation, but I love the method laundry detergents and find they work really well in general. You can find them at Target.

Kayleen

I forgot about the cleaning. I've never had to get sunscreen oils out of livia, so I can't guarantee it will work for that particular situation, but I love the method laundry detergents and find they work really well in general. You can find them at Target.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that in a few months or a year that I will feel better about her being in a booster full time.

I'll have to pick up some Method detergent and give it a try. Been meaning to at some point. I wish FR85 covers weren't so expensive. They want $16+ for shipping! I'd love a Maui blue cover for a change of pace.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC