Photos of 3mth in Recaro COMO!! ***PIX****

lovinwaves

Ok, I just did an install for a customer in a Subaru. Her 3mth old baby was soooo giddy!! He LOVED IT!! He kept nuzzling into the head bolster. It was so hilarious! We did not remove anything from the seat. And WOW, are those Subies narrow in that back doorway!! :eek:

Mommy and Daddy LOVED the seat :love:

Here are the pictures ENJOY!!

e7c2111d.jpg
e7c2111e.jpg
e7c21120.jpg
e7c2111f.jpg
e7c210a3.jpg
e7c21064.jpg
e7c2100a.jpg

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
He is so cute!!! The seat is huge, but he fits in it so well and he is obviously happy with it. :)

I agree, they should send the photos to Recaro.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I think Recaro has a new poster child! What a gorgeous baby.

Very cool pics! He looks very comfortable. My 6 mo loved it as well--she sank into it and it just seemed to snuggle her!

lovinwaves

Yeah, it's amazing how well he fits considering it has 19inch top slots and goes to 70lbs!

What's weird is he actually fits BETTER in the Como than he did his infant bucket. Mom and Dad are very happy.

I think he was liking the head bolsters maybe because he breastfeeds....:whistle: He was REALLY snuggling it LOL!! I should have had it on video!

keri1292

I'm impressed. The seat looks huge, BUT the baby looks snug as a bug. I dismissed the COMO pretty quickly, but if I needed a new seat it would definitely be on my list. Very convincing pics. The baby looks pretty happy too, then again, he thinks that he's smushed between some big breasts. Of course, he's pleased! :D

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Baby looks so cozy.

But it looks like a really tight ingress and egress! Not a very big door opening at all plus the deep sides on the seat.

southpawboston

Yeah, it's amazing how well he fits considering it has 19inch top slots and goes to 70lbs!

What's weird is he actually fits BETTER in the Como than he did his infant bucket. Mom and Dad are very happy.

I think he was liking the head bolsters maybe because he breastfeeds....:whistle: He was REALLY snuggling it LOL!! I should have had it on video!

like i said in my other thread after trying out a como, it seems in my opinion that the toddler pillow and head pillows are *great* for newborns to ~6 month olds. after that, the head pillows for sure are two restrictive. but yeah, those pics look great! i bet he's going to be able to sleep real well in that seat without any head slumping! would you say he fits better in the como than in a BV?

LuvBug

what a cutie!!!

he is center, so getting him in and out should be easier... but it looks like if he had to be outboard that would be hard to do! what do you think?

Splash

It's outboard, and it's damn near impossible. I had Charlie RF outboard in a BV in a Forester for... from whenever I bought it to this past June. I guess ten months? I don't remember when I bought the thing, to be honest. It sucked, I HATED it. It was extremely hard not to bonk his head, and there was almost NO room in the front seat. Subarus just suck suck suck when it comes to car seats. That one *looks* like a Legacy wagon, so the back seat is a bit bigger than in a Forester, but it'll still be difficult. And to be honest, even more so in the center.

LuvBug

ah it is outboard :rolleyes:

dang! thats going to be hard when he gets bigger... maybe have to load of the other side of the car...

mommyto4

What a cute little guy and he looks so snug in that seat. I love it and I hope it's not too difficult for the parents to get him in and out.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
ah it is outboard :rolleyes:

dang! thats going to be hard when he gets bigger... maybe have to load of the other side of the car...

That's what I would do when he gets older. :)
I would get in on the driver's side and let him climb into the seat from the center seat. THEN I would buckle him in.

crunchierthanthou

have you all blocked out my whining about my Subaru and the small back seat? :p

Seeing that actually makes me excited for the Compass True Fit. being able to take off that 8-10" above an infant's head is going to make a big difference on using an EH seat rf.

lovinwaves

This momma lives on a one way street, so this 'outboard' set up works perfect. She gets in on the driver's side, sits in the outboard seat while she gets the baby out of the seat. Works great for her!! :D I think it will also work great for those cold Missouri winter mornings.

shashoo

lovinwaves - did you try to install it center?? As I have an Outback and am drooling at these pictures wanting a Como now. But I would need to fit three across my backseat, do you think i could get a booster in the center (Safe Voyage) or did the top of the seat get wider from the base and encroach on the center position?
I have a BV rf outboard now and it is very tight getting children in an out of that spot but not impossible. Looks like the Como makes the space a little tighter, but not much. In fact, I think it may be better than the BV at getting a more upright install as I see pool noodles under the base now, however that would make the space even smaller for getting kids in and out.

ETA: Was the passenger seat all the way back? It looks pretty far back. I think a Como would be worth it just to give my front seat passengers some room to breath.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC