Question Myride65 vs Triumph65 vs Mysize70 vs. HELP!

barbilyn0875

Help with best convertible? Budget is $150, but willing to consider higher if reasons are good enough. Does not need to fit in with other seats (only one DS), so width not an issue. DS is 12M, 20.5lbs, 29.5" at last checkup a cpl of weeks ago. I want him RF for as long as possible, but with him not being extremely tall or heavy at this point, I don't know that I need to go with an exceptionally tall shell to get him to an appropriate booster age. I'm just looking for the seat that will give us the best shot at keeping it for the longest time but will also be comfortable and relatively user-friendly. I have been looking at the Myride65 and Triumph65, but then started getting into the mySize70 and the Symphony and now I'm all confused!! :confused:

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Just a bump for you! :) I'll share my thoughts, and I hope you get some more opinions soon. :)

I like the My Ride. The MySize is taller, so it will last longer. I also think it isn't as reclined forward-facing as the My Ride. Graco has been having complaints about their crotch buckles sticking, so that's something to keep in mind while researching seats.

I actually believe that the Evenflo buckles are the same as the Graco buckles. The Triumph has knobs on the side for adjusting the harness that are a kind of a "love it or hate it" feature. The Symphony only allows the bottom two headrest positions for rear-facing, so while I know you don't need the tallest seat to accomodate your kiddo rear-facing and forward-facing, I still think the Symphony is not as good a choice as the other three seats. :)

barbilyn0875

Thanks guys! I am starting to lean toward the Triumph, but really like that the Graco seats have the cupholders. Have you found the cupholder to be a big benefit or not?

Brianna

I have both the Triumph and MyRide, I prefer the Triumph. I just :love: the knobs! The cupholder is no big deal, the sippy cup can just stay between their legs. J's normal seats have cupholders but he'll still try to climb into the Triumph, even though it's rear facing and he's outgrown it.

oliviacw

My daughter's main seat is a MyRide 65. She loves the cupholders! They always have rocks and cookies and whatnot in them. She dies complain about not having them when she rides in our other car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC