Going to get a Pioneer70

Ladyl

We were rear ended with minor injuries so we are having to get the 4.5 y/o a new seat. I'm sad because he was in a classic MA with a cow moo cover :( . I'm going to miss it.

Anywhoo...He's short and a slow grower. We also have a Civic, and I'm pretty sure a Frontier won't be able to reach it's full height potential before hitting the side/roof area. I sort of feel like a Frontier will be over kill for our situation (someone somewhere is saying that a Frontier is never overkill!).

So, am I the only one? Should I post lots of pics when I get it? We are going with Kiwi!

It will be a bit until I get it, because I will special order it from the place I work.

ADS

Syllieann

I would love to see pics. I'm deciding between that and the defender for dh's car where we have the short roof issue too. I need no rethread because it will eventually be shared. I'm curious how much actual harness height you get once installed. For example your dc has 14.5" torso and3" of growing room installed or whatever...

creideamh

I want to try one just for the belt path installing dealio (remnants of ClickTight? Interested to see that!)

mlohry

I went to BRU in MN today and they didn't have the Pinoneer, only the FR90, but I was in LOVE after trying it in my van. Took all of 1 minute to install :)

AZmamaof2

I really want that pioneer 70 in kiwi also! May have to trek to BRU to see it in person.

I drive an 02 civic, and was wondering, how do you know how high the seat can be raised to a safe height? Do you just put the harness and headwings up to the top and see if it touches? My DS is only 44" so not close to the max yet.

Ladyl

Well I made the mistake of showing DS the zebra frontier. He really wants that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I have to decide by this afternoon!

glockchick

I really want that pioneer 70 in kiwi also! May have to trek to BRU to see it in person.

I drive an 02 civic, and was wondering, how do you know how high the seat can be raised to a safe height? Do you just put the harness and headwings up to the top and see if it touches? My DS is only 44" so not close to the max yet.

I drive an 01 civic and I have plenty of room to raise the FR 90 to the highest setting. I'll take a pic if I get to go to lunch. I'm at work right now.

newmommy929

So is the Pioneer just a stripped down version of the FR90 minus the click and tight? As far as structure, shape, etc and is obviously is less weight. Because I am needing to get my 5 1/2 year old (and possibly 3 1/2 year old) new seats and I was gonna get the FR90. But my kids are TINY. My 5 1/2 year old is 37lbs and maybe 40 inches max. So he would probably be 11 before he would reach the limits of the FR90. So now I cant decide...crud what do I do?

newmommy929

I was also reading somewhere that the fabric on the Pioneer is "much cheaper" like. Does anyone have any thought on this? Then the other thing I though of, is it does NOT have the HUGS chest pads. What do you all think of that? Do many people have this seat yet?

jgomez411

I was also reading somewhere that the fabric on the Pioneer is "much cheaper" like. Does anyone have any thought on this? Then the other thing I though of, is it does NOT have the HUGS chest pads. What do you all think of that? Do many people have this seat yet?

I played with it at BRU today and yes, the fabric is cheaper feeling, but I much prefer it over the Nautilus fabric. The padding in the bottom and back seemed the same as the Frontier 90 (the Nautilus is really unpadded). My daughter is 2.5 and 25 pounds, still rearfacing in my car but she's outgrown her seat rfing in DH's car. She is rarely in his car though so I'm fine ffing her for short trips in town and it seems much more comfortable than her Onside Air. Today was the first time it was out at my BRU and I've been waiting to buy until I could play with it! I think it will be an awesome seat for my little DD until she's ready for a booster. I've never had a Britax so all the features that its missing compared to the Frontier 90 are things I'm already used to not having so I think I'll like it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC