Any other kids complain about their backs hurting in radian?

soph's mom

I'm not sure if she does it to try to get out of her seat or if there's really something to it but dd complains that her back hurts in her seats sometimes. I can see it in the completely unpadded travel scenera but I wouldn't think the radians would be bad...

ADS

skylinphoto

My dd doesnt complain about it but, I have noticed when she has been in the radian she gets an awful red mark on her back.

My ds never had any marks or complaints when riding in our radian.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

krasota

I put my six year old in the RXT on a lark recently (he fits) and he complained about his back within five minutes. He wanted to be RF and thought it was hilarious--he wasn't looking for an excuse to get out. The back thing did him in, though.

(I won't put him back in it for more investigation. I didn't realize he was above the standing height limit at the time. He had more than 1.5" above his head. Leggy kid.)

nursienurse

CPS Technician
My big, tall 3 yo daughter complained of the same thing while RF in her Radian. She is FF now (at 43 pounds), and I'm thinking of putting her into a Britax. It's the only seat my kids have had no complaints in. No car seat related complaints, that is.

BritMum-in-US

We turned DS at a little past 3, but when we took a trip to Seattle 5 months later we rf'd him again. We were doing quite a bit of driving and he started complaining a lot about his back. It got to the point where he was crying from the pain. He was around 35# I think.
He never complained before that and hasn't since about his current seat, so it's not the norm for him.

tiggercat

Sam sometimes has marks along his spine in the radian (RF). I think having his legs up on the seat back arched his back funny, and it's fairly hard EPS foam along that area. It never bothered him enough to complain.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Mary_Ann

I bought a radian rxt last week and my dd complaints that the crotch strap hurts her between the legs. She always wears dresses so there is no cloth and the strap touches her skin. I noticed that the strap is really hard compared to the one on the britax... Anyone else?

soph's mom

Make sure the red carrying strap is unvelcro'd and flat, and going straight down behind the white layer of comfort foam. Having the red strap closed and in front of the padding is not comfy.

I bet this is it!!! I have it closed on all three radians!!!! Thanks, I'll try this today! Wow, I never even would've thought!

soph's mom

I think the strap was it. She hasn't complained since I fixed it and we just finished a 4 hour road trip! Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC