Keep 2nd BV or exchange for Como

niccig

I ordered a 2nd BV for DH's car from Baby Age during the sale. The plan was to have him in both BV until he grew out of them, then see what's on the market.

But then on Thursday I got a great deal on a Safeguard seat ($219). The new plan is that when DS is big enough to FF ( currently 2y 8 m, 28lbs and 34"), I would take the BV out of DH's car and give him the Safeguard and then sell that BV that's only be used for 12-18 months, and we would still use the BV in my car (2005 DOM) until he grows out of it.

But now that I've read the changes to the Como RF instructions (the head cushion etc), I'm thinking that a Como might be better value. It can be used RF in DH's car, and then FF, and I get the safeguard in my car. Those 2 seats will get DS well beyond 6. By then the BV in my car will have had 3-4 years of use, and I can then pass it to a friend, no hassles with selling it.

So what should I do. Keep the new BV or exchange it for a Como (I'll be out the return shipping on the BV).

Last edited:
ADS

arly1983

I actually was trying to make the decision between these two seats...I chose the Como and I am selling the BV on ebay, since it was on sell, I can make back what I spent on it (or come really close)

niccig

I actually was trying to make the decision between these two seats...I chose the Como and I am selling the BV on ebay, since it was on sell, I can make back what I spent on it (or come really close)

How are you selling it on ebay - I've never done that. If I'm to sell it or exchange it - it's probably best to do it NIB. DH will kill me if I bring this up again...I agonized over the Como/BV, made a decision, but now with the safeguard I got, I'm re-thinking it all.

arly1983

How are you selling it on ebay - I've never done that. If I'm to sell it or exchange it - it's probably best to do it NIB. DH will kill me if I bring this up again...I agonized over the Como/BV, made a decision, but now with the safeguard I got, I'm re-thinking it all.

Yes, I am selling it NIB. If you go to ebay, you will see a tab at the top of the page with "Sale"..just click on that and it will walk you throught the process. A BV just like mine went for 240 + shipping yesterday and all I need to get is that and I will be made back what I paid for it.

mom2boys

Maybe I should sell my Blvd. I used it this past weekend and I just really regret. I think it's a nice seat, but my DS is already 13" torso, so it won't last long. I hate paying this much for a seat that will only last a year. The Como sounds really nice. Thanks for the tip on selling on ebay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC