Graco Turbobooster

CatSanders

So I am thinking of keeping DD in a booster (I posted about my almost 7 year old - 45lber riding in a booster instead of her Regent now). We have a Graco Turbobooster. Is that a good choice for a full time booster or should I go with something else? What would you recommend?

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yep, my kids love their Turbos! Just be sure the seat belt gets threaded UNDER the armrests every time, especially if she is buckling herself. It's an easy mistake to make and easy to miss, since the belt still looks nice & tight over their hips:

IMG_0995.jpg

Defrost

EeK! Thanks for posting that pic. I think we were doing it wrong!! I will double check next time we venture out. THANKS!!!

Yikes! Do keep in mind that that pic is the *incorrect* way to buckle the seat (not sure if I was clear on that when I posted) - I took it to illustrate how easy it is to mix it up, particularly for a child, and to show how it can look "right" at first glance even when it's very, very wrong.

CatSanders

Yikes! Do keep in mind that that pic is the *incorrect* way to buckle the seat (not sure if I was clear on that when I posted) - I took it to illustrate how easy it is to mix it up, particularly for a child, and to show how it can look "right" at first glance even when it's very, very wrong.

LOL Now I am totally confused! The pic is wrong so I would want her belt to go in front of of the armrests? I think I had it like the pic of your son. Goodness...now I am confused. Do you have a pic of the correct way to buckle? How in the world do I screw up buckling in a booster????? :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL Now I am totally confused! The pic is wrong so I would want her belt to go in front of of the armrests? I think I had it like the pic of your son. Goodness...now I am confused. Do you have a pic of the correct way to buckle? How in the world do I screw up buckling in a booster????? :confused:
Yeah, that's wrong, the belts need to go like a captains chair do... both belts under the armrest on the buckled side, the lapbelt under the armrest on the door side.

I don't love the Turbo. I'd far prefer something with better/desgined for Side Impact Protection (particularly if your car doesn't have side airbags). The seat is a little wide for small kids and a little too narrow for wide kids. It's hard to buckle correctly unless you are really on top of it. It doesn't fit three across easily. If you don't have money for a good tall booster (the Turbo is fairly short compared to Britaxes) with side impact protection, then it's certainly a heap better than an Evenflo with no EPS foam at all (or headwings so flat they can't be very good in a side crash), but if you have a budget for it, there are way nicer boosters out there (Recaro/Jane/Britax/Compass B510, Maxi Cosi Rodi/XR), IMNSHO :whistle::twocents:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
My kids love there Turbos. We have had them since they were 5, they are now almost 6 and 7. If she likes it, I would use it. My kids are crabbing about just having to ride in a seat now. They want backless boosters, but they still sleep in the car a lot so that is a no go with me.

Stefanie

Kat_Momof3

I believe the Maxi Cosi boosters have that same stupid cosco headrest rule, though.

I know the new Eddie Bauer Auto booster (that I got all excited about when I saw how much taller it went than the Parkway) does.

Someone on Babycenter (I think it was our host) looked through the manual and found that out.

But all other points I agree on.

The turbobooster is a great low-cost booster, but there are some better ones out there.

I would make sure to get a highback booster until your child outgrows it.

Defrost

Sorry for the confusion! You're right, I should have posted a "wrong" and a "right" picture in the first place to illustrate the problem more clearly. :) Here you go:

WRONG:
IMG_0995.jpg

RIGHT:
IMG_0734.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I believe the Maxi Cosi boosters have that same stupid cosco headrest rule, though.

I know the new Eddie Bauer Auto booster (that I got all excited about when I saw how much taller it went than the Parkway) does.

Someone on Babycenter (I think it was our host) looked through the manual and found that out.

quote]

I do believe I may scream... That seat looks SO good on the OEAMTC tests...maybe cars all have headrests there anyway and have for years so it's not a big deal. {steaming with hatred for Dorel and cars without headrests} :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC