Kiddy Cruiserfix questions

Lenae

How heavy is the seat? Would you use it without LATCH? Does it require vehicle headrest support? It's super tall right? I'm mobile and searching from my phone is a PITA.

ADS

Phineasmama

I wouldn't say super heavy. Definitely not as heavy as the Oobr!

It's not super tall. I think it's 20.5" at the highest belt guide? The Kiddy World Plus is the one that makes a taller booster.

Lenae

I wouldn't say super heavy. Definitely not as heavy as the Oobr!

It's not super tall. I think it's 20.5" at the highest belt guide? The Kiddy World Plus is the one that makes a taller booster.

Do you know if it's taller than a Turbo booster? Colton has a pretty short torso, he's on the lowest setting of the ProBooster. I need a booster to last him for the next three or four years until we upgrade DH's pickup, because he has no headrests.

glockchick

Here ya go. The pic is actually a bit deceiving because the Cruiserfix headrest fits lower on the child's head than the TB does when the belt is on the shoulder correctly so you get quite a bit more from with the Kiddy seat. HTH!

tl01

And the World Plus goes even taller right? I am inclined to get one once we need the height but it is sure a bummer that they leave the entire torso with no protection. I guess head and neck protection is more important though. It's great that these two boosters don't need head rest support!

Phineasmama

And the World Plus goes even taller right? I am inclined to get one once we need the height but it is sure a bummer that they leave the entire torso with no protection. I guess head and neck protection is more important though. It's great that these two boosters don't need head rest support!

The KWP is taller and it doesn't latch as a booster. The belt fit is a tiny bit different because the belt guides are different. The KWP belt guide actually locks in place.

tl01

The KWP is taller and it doesn't latch as a booster. The belt fit is a tiny bit different because the belt guides are different. The KWP belt guide actually locks in place.

Darn! It doesn't latch? Why oh why not!?

I also think the seat bottom looks a little narrow. I wonder how it fits a kid who really has 21 inches in torso height.

I need a tallllllll booster that LATCHes, and doesn't require head support. Hopefully by the time DS1 really needs it there will be another option.

Phineasmama

Darn! It doesn't latch? Why oh why not!?

I also think the seat bottom looks a little narrow. I wonder how it fits a kid who really has 21 inches in torso height.

I need a tallllllll booster that LATCHes, and doesn't require head support. Hopefully by the time DS1 really needs it there will be another option.

It doesn't latch because the latch thingers are attached to the shield, so when you take the shield off you have to take those off too.

I really love the Cruiserfix, the rigid latch and adjustable leg support are really nice! I think it should last my kids a good long while, hopefully they will be ready for low back boosters by the time they're outgrown.

tl01

It doesn't latch because the latch thingers are attached to the shield, so when you take the shield off you have to take those off too.

I really love the Cruiserfix, the rigid latch and adjustable leg support are really nice! I think it should last my kids a good long while, hopefully they will be ready for low back boosters by the time they're outgrown.

It's just too bad they can't take the latch step off and use it on the booster portion. I have a hard time moving DS1 to a nbb. I guess at some point there isn't much space left in my car though heightwise.;).

cowgirlsmommy

Both the kwp and cruiserfix are tall and very comfy. I like the belt guides on the kwp better but I love the rigid latch on the cruiserfix.
My almost 8yr old says these are her favorite boosters. I also used them on field trips during the summer for some of my daycare kids and they said their butt had never been so comfy. Lol

xursusmaritimusx

DD looooooooves her KCP and I do too. I haven't seen the belt guides on the KWP but the ones on the KCP are nice and they close around the belt so if doesn't slip out all the time.
DD is 60lbs now and she fits great. Lots of room to grow.

momtoo3

Ds2 outgrew the HBTB a year ago and still fits in the KCP but is on the last setting. The only high backs he fits in besides the KCP are the Vivo (one click left, about to move to last click,) Monterey (same as Vivo) and PWSG (on last click.) I don't know if he fits in the probooster or not at this point because we got rid of ours because it was tippy. The new Performance Booster appears to be the same height as the current probooster, not need head support behind it and has LATCH. It is coming out in Sept. so that may be a good option for you. I love the KCP though.

bnsnyde

We have this seat. It's really light. Cool impact crumple zone. I like it. Nice belt guides.

It's way more shallow than I'd like. But our is in the middle.
I just think the sides should stick out more. It's like the kid has to lean back to get covered by them.
The company said they are designed to be this way since many seats do a disservice with huge wings, so kids lean out. To me I want a DEEP sided seat 100% of the time.
I figure if the child does lean out of one, it wouldn't be all the time. But if the sides are super, super deep, the kid would be covered 100% of the time.

Anyway... Our RF Orbit toddler is like that...baby strains forward to see out (it's crazy upright) and I feel like the headwings should be way deeper even. When baby is asleep, no problem. Then the wings are plenty deep. But with it so upright, baby does not sleep!

shashoo

Was just searching for something else and came across this thread.... Can you use a Frontier 85 in booster ? It is the tallest booster, latches, and no headrest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC