Replacing MR harness?

purplemama

I can't order a replacement harness online so I'll be calling tomorrow but I can't even figure out how to remove it?
DD1 threw up on the way to the ER yesterday and the straps got soaked. It sat for the 5 hours we were there and then overnight because I was not in the mood to deal with it at that point.
It's really hot out and I'm really close to just throwing it away, it reeks so bad. :sick: She had drank a bottle of milk right before we left so.......yeah.
I just got the cover off and hosed it off in preparation for the washing machine and that was about more than I could handle. OMG.

ADS

Heatherlef

MyRide harness can't be replaced on some models. Mine was one of those. I complained to customer service and they had me send them all of the straps and seat cover and send me a whole new seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

purplemama

Well that would be great if they replace it. But either way I can't use that harness. If I can't replace the harness and they don't replace the seat I guess I buy a new seat.

Brianna

It took me a few hours to clean MR straps. I took the feet off and got the harness off to clean after a puke incident. I used a scrub brush and water/baking soda paste then let them dry in the sun. They were fine after that.

babyherder

The straps don't come off of my myride. :( After a puke incident I pulled the straps out as much as I could and then cleaned them with a toothbrush dipped in water and baby wash. I'm a nanny so I feel a little strange about using the seat with a kid other than the one that puked in it (or her sister) but so far the straps don't smell at all. The seat has been cooking in the car for the last few weeks as temps rise and so far, so good. :thumbsup:

purplemama

On the phone with an incredibly UNHELPFUL Graco CSR. GAH.

I guess I'm just out the $$ for this seat. CRUD. Like with the medical bills I'm going to have coming I can afford to but a new seat. I can't believe that they would make a seat that you can't replace the harness. I'm so pissed off right now. I know it's not Gracos fault my kid puked in her seat but jeez, I expect to get more than 6 months use out of it.

ETA: The CSR tried to talk me into turning DD1 FF because you can replace the straps in the GN and "she's more than old enough for FF now". I told her that my DD1 would be RF for several more years.

Last edited:

purplemama

Well if you have an unproductive conversation with customer service, just post something on their facebook page. They are now sending me a new seat. Which I will probably sell to fund something I can replace the harness on if needed.

Heatherlef

I did exactly the same. If they want you to ship the entire seat back, ask if you can ship the belts and cover - way cheaper! Sold new seat, unopened, on Craigslist for $100. Purchased a Pinnacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC