Holy humungous strap covers Batman!

whitneyg

I just got my little guy a new RXT in Cobalt to replace the CCO he is going to outgrow soon (he is a giant baby). The CCO will be the seat in Nana's car since she will be part time childcare this Summer and I don't trust her at all to deal with a Radian. Anyway, the RXT came with the largest strap covers I have ever seen! They are grey with memory foam in them and go above and below the chest clip. I have had a few Radians before this one and never seen anything like these strap covers. I tried him in the seat once and I CANNOT get the harness remotely tight enough with those beastly covers on. What do I do with them? Is there a trick or strategy to use to get the harness tight? Can I get the regular strap covers?

ADS

whitneyg

What is the benefit/purpose of the huge ones? Maybe I want to keep them if I can figure them out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I talked to Allana about this and they were designed help and/or reduce head excursion. If I'm remembering right, they took them off the US models because they were so unpopular and were still able to pass testing without, but had to keep them on in Canada to pass the transport Canada testing.

canadiangie

I talked to Allana about this and they were designed help and/or reduce head excursion. If I'm remembering right, they took them off the US models because they were so unpopular and were still able to pass testing without, but had to keep them on in Canada to pass the transport Canada testing.

And in Canada they are optional for rear facing, and mandatory for forward facing.

mommyfrog

Hmmm....my sister just got a Radian directly from Diono and it has the big strap covers. Her ds can't get his arms out if he unbuckles his chest clip. Which means he can't get enough leverage to unbuckle the crotch strap. No more escaping two year old!!

tiggercat

Hmmm....my sister just got a Radian directly from Diono and it has the big strap covers. Her ds can't get his arms out if he unbuckles his chest clip. Which means he can't get enough leverage to unbuckle the crotch strap. No more escaping two year old!!

My kid just unvelcroed the strap covers and took them off. Voila 3 inches of slack!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

whitneyg

After more reading about these giant pads, it seems that they are required for FF and optional for RF. Since I have a FF and RF child and only one set of mega strap covers, should I switch them over to my daughter's FF seat?

aept

Diono will send you the smaller covers if you request them. I have extra "old" covers from our crashed seat so I didn't actually have them send the old covers, but they offered to do so when I called about asking if the big ones were required now. (They are not in the US.)
It took me a while to get used to them but I think I like them ok now. Although I know what you mean about making it hard to tighten the harness!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC