What should I get now???

newmommy929

I was all set on getting 2 Chicco Nextfits and selling my Britax Advocates for my 3yo and 21month old. However, when I went to try my 3yo out in the seat today (he wasn't happy to be in the seat), he could unbuckle the chest clip VERY easliy. I was SOOO sad, cause I really liked the seat, but he did it way to easy. Did anyone else have that issue? So, now my plan is down the drain.

So my question is...what convertible should I do now? I want something slimmer than the Britax Advocates and I can ERF. What are some other good options? How many people like their Radians? Have you had any issues with the car seats themself, and or customer service? What do you think of it being so low profile? While I like that idea, I don't know how much my kiddos would like it since they may not be able to see much out the windows being so low. Also, how do you feel about the side impact protection? I like them, but there doesn't seem to be much on the sides of the child for protection and wanted others thoughts about that.

Basically, I am just looking for other ideas and/or options on what do to. If you have any recommendations please give them to me and tell me anything you liked or didn't like about a certain seat. Thanks so much!

ADS

zenon

I was all set on getting 2 Chicco Nextfits and selling my Britax Advocates for my 3yo and 21month old. However, when I went to try my 3yo out in the seat today (he wasn't happy to be in the seat), he could unbuckle the chest clip VERY easliy. I was SOOO sad, cause I really liked the seat, but he did it way to easy. Did anyone else have that issue? So, now my plan is down the drain.

So my question is...what convertible should I do now? I want something slimmer than the Britax Advocates and I can ERF. What are some other good options? How many people like their Radians? Have you had any issues with the car seats themself, and or customer service? What do you think of it being so low profile? While I like that idea, I don't know how much my kiddos would like it since they may not be able to see much out the windows being so low. Also, how do you feel about the side impact protection? I like them, but there doesn't seem to be much on the sides of the child for protection and wanted others thoughts about that.

Basically, I am just looking for other ideas and/or options on what do to. If you have any recommendations please give them to me and tell me anything you liked or didn't like about a certain seat. Thanks so much!

got my nextfit and love it

MommyShannon

At 3, I'd make it his job to buckle the chest clip and make him feel responsible. The Dorel clips are harder, but at 3 a child will figure out any seat if they really want to.

Rebekah

I agree with the other replies about the chest clip. My 19-month-old DD just started clipping her own shut, and I can't imagine it will be that long until she can undo it as well.

However, as far as the Radian, I really like mine and haven't had any major issues with it, or customer service. The only issue I've experienced is that the harness tightening strap started fraying very slightly because of the angle I was pulling to tighten it RF. I emailed pics to cs to ask if it was a safety issue, and they said it wasn't but were sending me a new one anyway. I know a lot of people find the harness to be a pain to tighten, and it is harder than other seats, but I don't think it is that difficult. As far as the low profile, I have a small sedan, and I don't find it to be a problem. The open sides also don't bother me, and it makes it a lot easier to get her into the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC