Radian RFing in 2001 Dodge caravan

ADS

mom of six

Do you have a split bench or a full bench? You have tether anchors in all positions, correct?

On the split bench you can install RF in either outboard position with or without the angle adjuster. FF in all three positions but you need to know the "forward of the seat bite install" trick. You cannot install RF in the center due to the hinge covers.

On a full bench all three positions either RF or FF but the center RF is a little tricky because the belt buckle is right at the belt path. With the angle adjuster I twist the female buckle stock 2 1/2 times, then I recline the vehicle seat back 2 or 3 clicks, climb onto the radian, bounce and rock while tightening the belt, climb off, then set the seat back to upright. Rock solid.

I have both style of seats in my van and 3 radians if you need me to check anything let me know.

froggie919

Thanks. im posting for a friend. the middle row in a bench seat. not 100% sure on the back. i think she has her current seat (evenflo triumph) on one of the outboard sides. i will pass on the information!!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I've gotten my radian rfing in all three positions in the third row of my '00 caravan. For the split, I tightened the belt as tight as it would go, unbuckled it, tightened it some more, then buckled it again. Eventually I got it tight enough. You do need to make sure the plastic pieces aren't making it seem tight when it's not. For the outboard seats, the second row seats make it so you can't get an adequate newborn recline. It's fine for older babies or toddlers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC