Best seating configuration 4 kids in a minivan

todzwife

Trying to decide where to put everyone when the newbie arrives...need easy buckle strategy.

DS-9 1/2- travels in a parkway hbb. I've offered to let him be in a backless but he likes having somewhere to put his head.

DD1- 7 1/2- also rides in a parkway hbb

DD2- 3 and a few months, rides in a frontier. Currently in the drivers side bucket seat.

DD3- due mid August but I'm having preterm labor issues so she'll most likely be here in 5 weeks or less. Britax b-safe.

Trying to decide if it will be easier to have DD2 in the third row, back drivers side, she can load from the same side as the baby and I can reach behind to buckle her, or if I should have her in the passenger bucket seat, which would mean I get baby in, walk to the other side to buckle the preschooler and then get in my side. My older kids DO buckle her now, but they aren't always in the car, especially when school starts back up.

Suggestions?

ADS

flutie128

I would probably have them on the same side. I like having my DD driver's side because she can't unbuckle the crotch buckle on her own most times and I don't want to walk around the car.

jjordan

I'd put the 3 year old in a location with a top tether anchor, and if that's available in the third row, driver's side, then I'd go with the plan you mentioned.

todzwife

I'd put the 3 year old in a location with a top tether anchor, and if that's available in the third row, driver's side, then I'd go with the plan you mentioned.

Only in the center of the back,so I guess passenger captains chair is it. I can do the long belt path with the frontier though...

vangelder03

I would put 3 yr old in frontier behind driver seat buckle in first while the older
2 get in the third row walk around and put baby's carseat on the base.

agave

I would put 3 yr old in frontier behind driver seat buckle in first while the older
2 get in the third row walk around and put baby's carseat on the base.

Almost what I'd do I'd let the older 3 in the passenger side and send them to their seats snap baby in then walk to driver's side and buckle the 3 yr old. Unless I have anther adult with me I always load all the kids in the same door.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'd probably do what Agave said. Give 3yo a job (climb up and put arms in.) Turn child lock on on that door, so no chance of accidental escape. Load all three big kids, dock the baby, walk around, buckle 3yo, load self, go.

featherhead

I'd probably do what Agave said. Give 3yo a job (climb up and put arms in.) Turn child lock on on that door, so no chance of accidental escape. Load all three big kids, dock the baby, walk around, buckle 3yo, load self, go.

:yeahthat: that sounds like the easiest way to me. That's pretty much how my sister has her van set up.

stephpook

I have my booster riders in the third row and my harnessed kids in the second. It's easier that way even though I have to walk around to buckle my 4.5 year old (sometimes...he's learning to buckle/unbuckle himself and can do it at least half the time now).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC