Chicco NextFit straps

writur

We've been using our Chicco NextFit for a few weeks and there's a lot I love about it, and a few things I don't. One is that the straps always fall into the bucket of the seat and are a pain to get out. After I put DS in, I have to fish around behind him and under his legs to find the straps. And, the crotch buckles tend to slide to the very bottom of the straps. DD's Britax Advocate has velcro on the sides that keep the straps up, and somehow the crotch buckles stay up so I don't have to fish around behind/under/next to her.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? I'm thinking of adding my own velcro strips to see if that helps, and maybe fashion something to keep the crotch buckles higher on the straps.

Admittedly, it's a small concern, but since I use the seat several times a day, it's driving me nuts!

ADS

thepote

Same issue here! And I always grab under the back padding instead of on top of it to find the straps. But yeah the buckles end up waaay down in the corners. Wish they had a button a few inches from the bottom to stop them from going all the way down.

If you try the lula clips come back and let us know how it goes. :)

Carolinadaisy

I keep meaning to order some lulaclips for this exact reason. Will have to do that this weekend! I'm thinking that will make the whole buckling process easier!

essnce629

I've had the same problem with my MR65 even though I usually loosen the straps all the way and drape them over the cup holders, they still fall down sometimes.

Are those LuluClips safe? I see that you pin them on. Any chance of them opening up during a crash, etc? That wouldn't be good.

Keeyamah

Are those LuluClips safe? I see that you pin them on. Any chance of them opening up during a crash, etc? That wouldn't be good.

I doubt it, it is a 2 step process to open the pin. Much harder to do than a regular safety pin. And they aren't subjected to the same kinds of forces in a crash, since they are just on the cover, not structurally holding anything in place. I'm not saying they aren't subjected to crash forces, just because they are so light, the forces are going to be much less intense, based on my understanding of physics.

MotoMommaNH

Tossing around the idea of Lula clips too...but it just seems wrong. Maybe not. I don't know, but it's a form of "modifying the seat" that manufacturers have not tested themselves. This goes against my training, period. I know it's not exactly subject to crash forces in the traditional sense, but modifying is modifying. It's the same thing as attaching a foam toy to a handle on an infant bucket. Best practice is you don't do it.
Then again, I can say I went against best practice by using a mirror. That was my tough choice.
I'd be interested to see what the other techs have to say on these add ons specifically. Whether you'd use it for yourself or recommend (or not) to other parents.

Brianna

They seem ok to me. They just attach to the cover and I can't see how they would affect anything in a crash assuming they're pinned on correctly.

creideamh

I use them. I was soooo sick of digging the tongues out from under DD, so it was for my own sanity. ;) Yeah technically I guess it's modifying the seat, but they aren't going to alter the harness or the install. (Um, I also use an RF mirror. Sometimes real life wins over best practice.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC