Stats after 4

mamahen

The stats I normally recall state the difference in injury for RF vs FF in kids 4 and under. But what are the stats after 4?

My ods will be 4 in Aug and I was thinking of turning him ff then. He Could still rf for quite awhile in the radian but will outgrow the MR 65 by height in the next growth spurt.

ADS

Stelvis

I don't think there is any data, because so few kids are RF after 4, and a very small percentage of them are in serious accidents.

I would FF a 4 year old without a second thought.

soph's mom

I'm not sure there is much data... The swedes would be the most likely to have it but finding an English version would be difficult...

I am aiming for 4 to turn DD. I think she will make it unless she hits several massive growth spurts in the mean time.

I'm dreading that day though. Kinda the last thing seeming like toddlerdom...

Stelvis

I'm not sure there is much data... The swedes would be the most likely to have it but finding an English version would be difficult...

I am aiming for 4 to turn DD. I think she will make it unless she hits several massive growth spurts in the mean time.

I'm dreading that day though. Kinda the last thing seeming like toddlerdom...

But it wouldn't be relevant since they usually go straight to boostering.

newyorkDOC

But it wouldn't be relevant since they usually go straight to boostering.

They also don't harness FF and just keep the kid RF after 4 until they switch to booster. So I think the stats are the same.

There's is a Swedish study though in English... I'll find the link.

ETA: Here is the link

Last edited:

soph's mom

Facing it is hard! I just bought another radian bc that's the blue seat dd wanted... I'm hoping to keep her in it at least a year then pass it down...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC