Favorite Convertible and Combination Seat

newmommy929

Ok...so I am looking at seeing what everyones favorite convertible seat and favorite combination booster seat is...would like to know what you like and may not like about it. THANKS!!!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My favorite combination seat is the Frontier 85. I like the available harness height, and I like how well it fits kids of a variety of sizes. I also like how solidly it installs with the long belt path. I haven't played with the new Frontier 90 yet to see if I would like that more. :)

I don't have a current favorite convertible seat. All of them have issues, in my opinion, so I don't have a current favorite. I used to be a big fan of the Britax convertibles, until the newer shorter models came out, and I used to be a big fan of the Graco My Ride, until the sticky crotch buckle issue came up. I think most of the seats that are recommended her have merits (like the Britax convertibles, the various Graco convertibles, the Radians, the Foonf, the NextFit), but there isn't one that stands out to me as really fantastic. If I had to buy a convertible today for a main car, I'd probably go the same route I did for my son, which was using a Britax convertible until he outgrew it RF, then a Radian for more RF time. :)

HappyHoo

Bree summed up my experience pretty much :)

I like the Frontier85 and wish I'd just paid extra when I had to replace a crashed Nautilus to get a second Frontier v. another Nautilus.

Loved my classic Marathon and was sad when DS hit 33 lbs. Love the Radians for how long they kept DS RF and the lower profile, but don't like some of the other quirks. But based on reviews and stuff of the newer options now available for convertibles, I'd probably still stick with a Radian if I had to buy another convertible today for kids like mine (taller and DS is heavier than DD was).

jordansmom

My fave combo is also the FR 85. Fave convertible is the Peg right now. Can't find anything I don't like about it at the moment! :D

Kobain's Mommy

My favorite combo is the FR90. I have both it and a 85. I like how easy it is to install. Just wish they had a plush cover like the cow.

Bree summed up convertibles. Except I don't really like the Radians. After our accident I got DD a BLVD70. Once she outgrows it RFing she'll go FFing like her brother. Who mad it just shy of his 3rd birthday in a MA70(was in it in the accident). He still had shell over him but was 40lbs. She's lighter than him and smaller so she should get to at least 3 if not 4.

Brianna

Out of the convertibles I've used (Evenflo Tribute, Evenflo Triumph, Graco MyRide, Evenflo Sureride) the Triumph is my favorite. The shell is tall enough to get most children rear facing to age 3 and I love the knobs to tighten! It's also pretty compact front-to-back.

Between the Graco Argos and Britax Frontier 85, I prefer the FR85. I love how solid the installation is with the long belt path and that there are more height adjustments than the Argos. The Argos headrest always seems so far above centered when a child first needs the next higher harness slot.

Wreckgoddess

Favorite convertibles: Britax Boulevard/Pavilion/Advocate
Favorite combination seat: Britax Frontier 90/Pinnacle 90

I just love how easy they are to install and use!! And I love all the features on them.

I have a Radian RXT and it's a nice seat but I am not in love. Only thing I like about it is the tall shell and memory foam.

Most people complain about the Britax's not RFing long enough, but my son is almost 4 and still fits RF! So I can't complain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC