Was my impulse buy good - Kiddy Cruiserfix

Swmnmom

Bought a Kiddy CruiserFix Pro at a local baby store on clearance for $93. It is new in box never opened with a manufacture date of Aug 2012 if I remember right. It would be for my 5 yr old son (who is 39 - 40 lbs). So good buy or return it?

ADS

bnsnyde

The booster? Ours was over $200 so that's good! Bought for my 5-year-old, too. The fit is great for her.

Swmnmom

The first few months it will probably be in a car without latch (my husbands) before it moves to my car with latch. Will it still work well in my husbands car?

I had heard great things about the seat but didn't pay close attention as it was out of my price range so I don't know a ton about it.

The first few months it will probably be in a car without latch (my husbands) before it moves to my car with latch. Will it still work well in my husbands car?

I had heard great things about the seat but didn't pay close attention as it was out of my price range so I don't know a ton about it.

I would imagine it would work just fine, depending on the make/model/year of vehicle. Just remember to re-buckle the seat belt over the booster when your son gets out so that the seat does not become a projectile :)

Swmnmom

Look okay fit wise?
Kiddy2_zpsb4e99a49.jpg

Kiddyfit_zps0aec3629.jpg

kiddy3_zps46477561.jpg

bnsnyde

I feel like my daughter has to lean her head back to have it in the head wing things. Do you find this to be the case?

From the picture, his head looks way more protected than my daughter's head.

Our install is middle row, middle seat of van, fairly upright seating position.

Swmnmom

If he is looking around outside then his head is not in the headrest as much. But he tends to lean back anyway in his seats as he is talking to me (which is almost always as he is a chatter box). He does not mind the headrest at all. It is installed right now in my 2011 Ford Focus behind the passenger.

momtoo3

When I first got the CruiserFix for ds3 I was worried about the head wings size but we have not had any issues. Ds3 is still a car sleeper at times but has no head slump in the CruiserFix. The head wings are smaller than some seats, like the Vivo and that was my concern but no issues at this point. Here is a crappy picture but the only one I have managed with him sleeping. The rest are posted in the thread I started when we first got it.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=242563&highlight=Kiddy+CruiserFix

Swmnmom

So I decided to see if I could do a 3 across with the cruiserfix and 2 Radians. We are going on a 1 hr car trip tonight and Elliott really really wants to ride in his new seat but I don't trust him 100% yet in the booster. So I wanted to see if I could have a harness seat set up just in case he needed it. Anyway it was tight buckling the cruiserfix when latched but it was doable. It was super easy to buckle when it wasn't latched.
2011 Ford Focus
FF Radian - RF Radian - CruiserFix Pro
DSCF2043_zpsa3d6d99b.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC