Recaro Como and Signo Manual's

lovinwaves

The Como manual and Signo manual on Recaro's website are now up.

The child does NOT have to be below 34inches to use the restraint rear-facing. As long as the child is 35lbs or less, and the head is less than an inch for the top of the shell, the seat may be used rear-facing.

As far as the head bolster...

This is NOT required at anytime. It is suggested to use as long as possible.

This has nothing to do with the safety of the seat. It is merely padding and contains NO EPS Foam. The COMO is NO less safe without the headrest in the seat.

ADS

Mama!

What's the general idea of how long these Comos will let the child FF in a harness? The weight/height? Or better yet a torso height.:)

ZephyrBlue

It is suggested to use as long as possible.

This has nothing to do with the safety of the seat. It is merely padding and contains NO EPS Foam. The COMO is NO less safe without the headrest in the seat.

Melissa (or any other tech that :) ), if the head bolster is suggested, but has nothing to do with the safety of the seat, then why do they suggest it? And wouldn't what Paul from Recaro said hold true- the head bolster will help keep the child's head from accelerating and hitting the side of the seat? If it was designed as part of the SIP of the seat, can they now say that the head bolster has nothing to do with SIP and that it's just padding for comfort? :confused: I'd love to hear those things explained from a technical standpoint! :thumbsup:

And I for one am so glad to see that they took out the 34" rule- but I wonder why even the CEO said that they didn't test the seat with a dummy over 34" tall? Maybe they were just confused on that area?

hsjwmom

Thanks for the update, Melissa! I'm sure that will relieve the minds of many anxious Recaro owners/would-be owners! :D I wish Recaro was for me, but I really can't justify it!

crunchierthanthou

Ugh, that's only slightly better. They should have just done away with the chart on pg 9.

so instead of saying max height 59", they now say 50". However, they left the blue box up to 59" with bars across those 9" saying they don't really recommend using at that height?

and they still left the recommended rf height at 34". at least it's not a hard rule.

kaylee18

Interesting. They took the "maximum recommended child heights" (which were 59" for the Como, 60" for the Signo) off the list of specifications on the site, and added a line at 50" in the graphs on both manuals, with a note that says the line indicates the recommended maximum height. There are hash-lines above the 50" line, which (combined with the note below the graph) appear to indicate that heights up to 60" are fine as long as the tops of the child's ears do not go above the top of the seat shell and the shoulders don't exceed the maximim harness height (of course). So the estimate for overall child height is now much more in line with what would be reasonable considering a maximum 19" harness adjustment, since the Regent with its 20" top slots goes to about 53" overall height. And it certainly looks as if torso height is what they're going for (along with neck length), which makes sense. :thumbsup:

I think the word "recommended" is simply a poor word choice; overall height limits for FF seats are generally estimates based on correlations with torso height, which we know vary greatly from one individual to another (I'm 60" and have a 20" torso, for example, so if I were under 80lbs, I would fit the Regent even though I'm way above 53" overall height).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC