After a week FF and months of begging to be FF

agave

DD2 wants her flower seat back because it's easier to sleep RF. She started asking to FF shortly after turning 3 and after months of begging I told her she could turn when her sister turned 5. So last weekend my 5 yr old got a birthday booster and 3 yr old got to FF, everyone was happy. After a few days of swim lessons the complaints started. DD1 is super happy about the booster and doing well and claiming she'll never ride in her car seat again. (Her frontier will be hanging around for long trips until we know she can sleep in a booster, if she sleeps at all.)

So I'm washing the cover on the XTSL before putting it back in the car. I can't argue with her logic even though getting the kids buckled and unbuckled has been significantly easier for the past week. She'll probably fit RF in the Radian until she's ready to booster. At this point I'm going to let her choose.

I'm wanting different seats now if I have 1 RF and 1 in a booster I don't need 2 Frontiers. DD2 has head slump with the angle adjuster and really needs a cup holder. We don't drive daily but living in the boonies there are no short drives and she's always needing a place to put her water. Just when I think I have it all figured out they have to go changing their minds.

ADS

cookie123

Lol! What a smart girl! So is she back to rear facing? Matthew turned at 3,5 and never asked to go back. Is she in the radian ff ?

agave

I'll turn her tomorrow her cover is still wet. She is scary smart. She says it's easier to sleep RF but she hasn't had any head slump in the frontier like she had in the radian. Maybe it's the loss of leg support that bothers her.

My oldest turned FF at 3 then RF reluctantly a couple of months later then FF at 3 yrs 8 months she was "ready" for a booster at 3 1/2 there is no way she'd willingly RF.

Unfortunately my kids have neither the hand strength or desire to buckle a harnessed seat, they do the chest clip. I don't think DD2 could get the radian straps on without getting herself tangled. I'm going to work on the booster buckling when I get something that latches and doesn't shift in the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC