What seat would you get?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I am hating my Radian for G. I like the Radian in general, but it is just not a great fit for G. I'm thinking I'll get something at the next BRU Trade-In (Aug?) but I'd like to check fit to car & kid before then.

G is 3y3m, 32ish pounds, 37" or so. Fits in a MR with inches over his head. He is & will remain RF, and probably won't FF in whatever I get, so no need to worry about that.

I hate the new Graco buckle, not a TrueFit fan, new gen Britax not tall enough. Think I want something on a base, to limit foot-to-buckle access, though ease-of-loading would be nice for preschool pickup line.

I am thinking NextFit, maybe EFT65. What else fits that I'm not thinking about?

ADS

Carrie_R

I thought about the Peg. What shell is it similar to , in height? More like a RN or a MR?

I'm okay with ignoring the states height limit on the EFT for personal use, for a variety of factors, including a conversation with an Evenflo engineer. What was the height limit before the 37" one?

Brianna

EFT didn't have a height limit before. But if you don't like the Graco buckle I don't think you'd want an Evenflo either.

Kel

I liked the Pria 70. We used it for a short time. It's sits up on a base, super cushy, My 3yr old liked the headings, and I found it easier to load RFers in than our BLVD, witch I love. No rethread harness, and its got fairly tall top slots for FFers also. 40" RFing height limit.

mominabigtruck

I do like my new pria. The girls fight over who gets to sit in the black seat over the pink Blvd. I have to take it apart today to clean so I'll see how much I'm loving it after that.

Carrie_R

When I looked at the EFT at BRU it looked like it had a different buckle than the Graco, but some of their less expensive seats were the same as the Graco. Was the floor model old, maybe? Or are the buckles different on different seats?

I've been pondering the CA for years but I keep coming back to the recline issue. I waffle on how I feel about that.

Pria sounds like something I should add to my list :)

Kac

I sold my CA due to the recline issue. I loved everything else about that seat though.

MommyShannon

I thought the new CA70 has dual recline lines. I liked our CA except for the recline issue and it being a pain to get the cover off. It isn't bad if you keep the tab things off. I don't know if I'd get a seat with a 40" limit for a 37" kid though.

mominabigtruck

I took the pria apart and it was not bad at all, I would do it over a rn anyday. I washed it in my regular washer and it came out just fine, its hanging on my porch drying. I don't love that the straps aren't removable but neither are the eftas so it would be a toss up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC