Carseat for International Travel, Air and rental cars?

U

Unregistered

Hi, I'm sorry to post a question I'm sure has been asked and answered, but even after reading, and reading and reading, I don't think I found the right answer for us...

LO is 16 months, 21lbs and tall, but don't know the exact number off hand. She is RR in a Foonf currently, and we have been using a Coccoro for travel up to now. I've been installing carseats for 15 years, and I've never had as much trouble as I've had with the Coccoro, simply, I hate it, and feel I only get a decent installation about 25% of the time. But I love how easy it is to bungee to my g-luxe and move on and off of airplanes and, if I didn't care about how loose it is, I also love that I can leave LO in the seat and install it RR with the Euro belt path in seconds.

So, I need easy, secure RR installation and small size for airplanes and I would prefer lightweight and maximum comfort for LO. It is often just me with baby, stroller, carseat and carry-on in the airport, so I want the most convenient set-up possible that is also the safest. I don't care about price or how long it will last. We travel around the US several times a month, to Europe several times a year and I need a better option than the Coccoro.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ADS

creideamh

A good lightweight travel seat option would be the Evenflo SureRide. Very easy to install in North American cars, weighs 9lb, and lasts a long time. However, in Europe where car seats with locking belts aren't common, you'd need to use the locking clip. (Or ISOFIX/LATCH, if you happen to get a new car.)

The Britax convertibles have built-in lockoffs, but they're heavier and more bulky. Personally, I would not want to haul it around traveling with DD alone. Just my personal choice- others love them for travel. They're also very easy to install in a wide variety of cars.

HTH! Have you been locking the belt when doing Euro routing with your Coccoro?

U

Unregistered

OP here. Thanks for the suggestion. Is there just 1 model of the Sureride? There seems to be a price range on amazon from $79-$187, is there a difference?

I think i'm leaning towards the Roundabout or Boulevard simply for the quality of the brand...I wish there was a 'high-end' seat that was lightweight and compact. I guess the Coccoro is suppose to be that, but I find it to be so awful. I've installed it with the latch, the blue locking clip it comes with and the 'locking' seatbelt and a metal locking clip bought separately and I've never gotten a truly prefect install, like I can get with a britax or the foonf we have now. With the rear teether, it is 'acceptable,' but that is not realistic while traveling.

Thanks again. Maybe I'll order the sureride and give it a test run...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC