Boosters that don't require headrests and a parkway question

tl01

Which boosters don't require headset support and is there any place to get a parkway cover quickly?

ADS

nannykates

I don't know about the pkwy cover.
Turbo, evenflo, harmony and britax don't require head support off the top of my head.

tl01

I don't know about the pkwy cover.
Turbo, evenflo, harmony and britax don't require head support off the top of my head.

Thanks... Besides the parkway.. Any idea about which one is tallest? DS1 is just barely 7 and between the last and second to last click of the parkway sgl.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Thanks... Besides the parkway.. Any idea about which one is tallest? DS1 is just barely 7 and between the last and second to last click of the parkway sgl.

I don't know if you have any of the Frontiers from your signature still, but the Frontier 80 is the tallest booster, then the newer model Frontiers. I believe the only other booster taller than the Parkway besides the Frontiers is the Cosco Pronto and I think one of the Air Protect boosters, which won't work because the Dorel seats need head support. :)

tl01

I don't know if you have any of the Frontiers from your signature still, but the Frontier 80 is the tallest booster, then the newer model Frontiers. I believe the only other booster taller than the Parkway besides the Frontiers is the Cosco Pronto and I think one of the Air Protect boosters, which won't work because the Dorel seats need head support. :)

I have my 85. I am looking for something for DS1's camp van. I hate to send my frontier off. I need something with a head support. I have a parkway with a cowmoo cover but I'm worried that being the only kid in a booster is bad enough... I don't want to add the cowmoo to the top. I was hoping to find something reasonably priced... That would work. Also, I'd want to latch the frontier but don't know if the van has latch. Sigh.

I really wish the affix was an inch or so taller!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I have my 85. I am looking for something for DS1's camp van. I hate to send my frontier off. I need something with a head support. I have a parkway with a cowmoo cover but I'm worried that being the only kid in a booster is bad enough... I don't want to add the cowmoo to the top. I was hoping to find something reasonably priced... That would work. Also, I'd want to latch the frontier but don't know if the van has latch. Sigh.

I really wish the affix was an inch or so taller!

I understand. It's too bad all the tall boosters are either expensive or require headrests. Other than directly from Britax or trying to swap here, I'm not sure where else to get Parkway covers. Maybe someone will have a good suggestion! :)

ctbcleveland

I don't know if it will be tall enough for your DS, but the harmony folding travel booster is on rollback at Wal-Mart.

tl01

I don't know if it will be tall enough for your DS, but the harmony folding travel booster is on rollback at Wal-Mart.

Thanks! I'll check it out! Any idea if it is taller than a turbo booster?

Of course it's sold out everywhere near me;).

thepote

Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense why you would ask about he head support.

Wish they didn't make vans without headrests :mad:

momtoo3

The Harmony V6 says 20.5-21 inches tall and is inexpensive on Amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Highback-Booster-Seat-Black/dp/B0069SHR4O?tag=carseatorgstore-20&tag=carseatorgstore-20"]Amazon.com: Harmony V6 Highback Booster Seat, Black Tech: Baby[/ame]

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
the only brands I know of that DO require support are Diono, Dorel, Peg Perego.

As far as cheap and LATCHable, Affix? It's a Turbo, with LATCH, basically. So if he fits well in the Turbo it would work.

tl01

As far as cheap and LATCHable, Affix? It's a Turbo, with LATCH, basically. So if he fits well in the Turbo it would work.

Yes... I went to BRU early this morning hoping the affix would be marginally taller than a turbo... One can dream right;). But alas... They are the exact same height. I bought it anyway... I'll try DS1 in it tonight... But he's close to outgrowing the turbo. I really only need it to fit for the summer but longer would have been nice.

tl01

I checked out the dreamtime hbb... It blows me away that they don't need support. They are so flimsy... At least the one at target is. The Monterey for example seems so much more sturdy! And the peg too!

tl01

As it turns out... We needed a second booster because his camp takes them to a pool each day to swim. I didn't know until we went to the open house for the camp. I bought a parkway sg for that... Even though the day before I sold the same seat. I sold a cowmoo and didn't want him riding around on cowmoo... So I ordered a Maui blue seat. Who knew I'd need $180 in booster seats for 3 weeks of camp;). I'll save the parkway for my parents house after summer. Hopefully if he goes to the same camp next year, he will still fit in the parkway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC