Convertable seat questions

newmommy929

Currently I have 2 Britax Advocates. One the newer generation but NOT the G3 and then I also have a G3 one. I love them, but hate them at the same time. I am really wanting to get differant seats for my 21month old and 3 year old (who are both RF). My kids tend to be on the smaller side. My 21month old is probably about 23lbs (fairly average), but my 3yo is tiny. He is only maybe 25-26lbs. I am just looking for something that won't be as wide. And if I get my older son a differnat seat, I could possibly fit a person in the middle if need be. Currently our set up in our '11 Odyssey is DS3 RF in Advocate in the captains chair behind the passenger, DS2 ERF in way back (passenger side) in and Advocate and DS1 (5 1/2) FF in a FR85 (harnessed as he is maybe 37lbs and 42" max).

So what are some good options? What is everyones thoughts on the Nexfit, Orbit Toddler Seat, Clek Foonf, Radians, etc? Would any of those be an option in the back row outboard and if I got a differant seat for my DS1, could I possibly get someone in the middle? I do know the Radians sit very low, but my concern about that, is then they wouldn't really be able to hardly see outside at all. Then my other concern about the Radians, is the lack of protections from the sides. Did that seem to be an issue or concern for anyone else?

I just have had some issues with my Advocates. Like I have had to replace cracked headwings several times and I am sick of it. Price isn't really an issues, so if you are able to give me differant options, that is great. Thank you so much for helping me out! :)

ADS

Stelvis

With kids on the smaller side, you really have lots of options. I would just try them out and see what you like.

Kel

I would buy radians. I've had lots of seats, and really like them. I have little issues with all seats, lol. Like I like being able to wash headrest covers, or even change to new covers if needed. That rules out the Foonf and pria for me. I find like the Net fix harness cover issues that people are having either.

So, I'm using a Britax Blvd for my peanut, I like it. It's in my DH s van. In my van she rides in a RXT RN. As does my 3 yr old DS. The both seem to really like them. I also have a spare cover set, so if one of their seats are in the wash, I have a back up. You can get a spare cover at earth baby for $65.

My 13 and 11 yr old prefer these seats for the little because it gives them more room also. HTH.

jenia5412

We just got a Foonf, and while I have it in the center seat of my car, it does take up very little room (it doesn't even fill up the whole center seat). An adult can very comfortably sit on either side.
My daughter has always been a car seat hater, but we think that being up and able to see out the windows now has helped a lot! My mom sat back there yesterday with her, and she was happily pointing at everything, lol.

mom of six

My 5 1/2 year old son was in a radian in the 3rd row drivers side of our Dodge Grand Caravan until very recently. He could see out the window just fine. He is a bit bigger than your son. About 46" and 46 lbs. You might consider a Harmony defender. It is a budget seat but it has a lot of bang for the buck. I switched DS1 to the defender because gave him more time harnessed over the radian and it is almost as narrow. I have a lap belt only position that I have to make work for at least another year so I needed more height in a harness. Previously I had him in the Radian OB driver side and his twin sister center in a FR85. That left space in that 3rd row for another sister until two sister entered puberty and developed hips. Now I have DS1 in the defender and DD4 (his twin) in an Old Style Parkway and there is room for a sister (ages 11 and 13) with hips.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC