WOW!! Kinda shocked that Texas passed a bill...

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
requiring "ALL" school buses (even contractor) within all ISD's must have l/s belts equipped by Sept. 1, 2011.

I just heard that our school district is ordering 100 new buses next year due to population increase and over crowdeding on the buses. I also heard all these new buses will be l/s belt equipped. The nice thing is these buses will be transporting my side of town so K1 & K2 will have l/s belts on their bus next year.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I am shocked as well. The bill did say that it could be voided if there was no funding for the project so I am still guessing they will not enact this law fully around the state.

My child might have to ride the bus to school next year (or even in a few months) as I am getting really tired with the long drop-off line at her kindergarten. Putting on a bus in front of my house would be so much easier. The bus picks up so early and it has kids from K-12 grade on it so I really am hesitant to put her on it though. Hopefully her bus will have lap/shoulder belts on it.

MomToEliEm

MomToEliEm,

Could you drop her off at school before the line gets big? Since the bus picks up really early anyway?

I leave pretty early and am in line 5 minutes prior to the doors opening to school. I guess everyone else has the same idea as well. It will be really interesting in 2 years when I have two kids to drop off at two different schools (kindergarten is at a seperate school that 1st and 2nd grade, and then the following year it will be different schools again since 3rd grade is in an entirely different school). I think the bus might be the only option then. I hate putting her on the bus at 6:50, but we will see when the time comes. For now, I will drive and just have to tell work I will always be 30 minutes late.

LuvBug

you mean buses have seatbelt :confused: :p lol!

Thats great! I wish AL would get on the bandwagon and do something! We did have a revision for carseats... but it isnt even a noticable change.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC