Will the Diono Radian RXT fit RF in my '07 Jeep Liberty WITHOUT the angle adjuster?

allison

My 4 month old baby is a giant and I got a small infant carrier (of course), so we need to switch him to a RF convertible soon. I really want to get the Radian, but I can't figure out if it will fit RF in the middle of the backseat without the angle adjuster (he's too young for it, currently).

Anyone know from experience that the RXT will, in fact, fit RF in the middle of an '07 or older Jeep Liberty without the angle adjuster?

ADS

allison

Bump? I know someone out there has to have tried this combo before! I'd reeeally appreciate the help. I'd go to a store to try it out for myself, but no stores near me keep the Radian in stock.

MUTigers

I would say there is a strong likelihood that it won't. I have an '08 (slightly different body style) and my DH is very tall but I can't imaging fitting our RXT in the middle without and angle adjuster. The passenger seat would be completely unusable without the angle adjuster.

allison

I thought it might be helpful to add my DS's stats. He's 27 inches long and 17 lbs. He has a long torso (so a lot of his length is in his upper body, vs. long legs).

I'm adding this info because I'm wondering, if I can make it another month or so, if I can just install the Radian with the angle adjuster. He has great head control, and is the size of a 8 or 9 month old, but I've just never heard of anyone putting their 4 month old baby in the Radian without the AA so it makes me nervous!

Any opinions?

MUTigers

I think it's not recommended until a year or good head control. I personally wouldn't use it so young. Especially in a jeep, it can make the install very upright. I didn't use the angle adjuster with DD until 10 months. She had amazing head control and was sitting on her own at 4.5 months and I never would have considered using it then.

allison

Thanks for the replies! I guess I may just have to sit in back with the baby for awhile, because I really don't want to buy two more carseats for him!

Keeanh

Is it the same as a 2010 Liberty? I think Chely had 2 RXTs in her Liberty before angle adjusters came out. I'll pm her.

Chely7425

Hmm... I do have a 2010 liberty but it is a different body style than the 2007. They went in SUPER upright in our car even without the adjusters. Let me PM Monica, she had that same body style.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I had a Radian in the center of an 03 Liberty before the Angle Adjuster came out. The seat say between the front seats pretty well.

allison

Oh, fantastic! That's really great news. I've actually also started considering the Foonf, if anyone wants to weigh in on the fit with that. But I would assume it would fit, if the Radian will?

eduller

I don't have any experience with the Foonf in that particular vehicle, but looking at the dimensions of your Jeep I am not sure a Foonf would fit. I have one installed in a 1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme that, according to the interwebs, has 2 inches more rear legroom than your vehicle. The Foonf barely fits front to back in the Olds. I can't have the front seats all the way back - almost, but not quite.

Clek CPST

I've had a Foonf in a few Jeep vehicles and in the models I've had it in it sits between the front seats when installed in the center position so that the front seats are able to be all the way back.

The Foonf is narrower than the radian and contoured at the back, so in general, if the Radian will fit in the space between the seats, the Foonf will. :thumbsup:

jenia5412

I've had a Foonf in a few Jeep vehicles and in the models I've had it in it sits between the front seats when installed in the center position so that the front seats are able to be all the way back.

The Foonf is narrower than the radian and contoured at the back, so in general, if the Radian will fit in the space between the seats, the Foonf will. :thumbsup:

I agree, if you're using the center seat, it should be no problem at all!
Our Foonf is in the center of our Volvo SUV, and there's miles of room on either side. I could recline the seats completely without getting near it.

allison

Just wanted to update that we got the Foonf and it fits in the middle in our Liberty! Both front seats can go all the way back (the car seat does go in between them, but that's no biggie to me). The car seat is in the most reclined position and the anti-rebound bar is installed.

I'm so happy we decided to go with the Foonf!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC