How much to give to a tech?

sunflower

How much $$ do people generally give a tech who checks over installs? I know it's voluntary,but it's nice to give them something for their time.

Thanks.

ADS

Chila88

I got a moose roast recently ;)

I've never gotten any compensation. In SK our training is paid for by our provincial auto insurance and we therefore must check seats as a community service.

tiggercat

I am often given ~20 for private checks. One guy sent me baklava, another gave me wine and chocolates. I've never been given meat, lol.

I don't ask/require compensation, but I appreciate it occasionally. Gas is expensive, and I find myself driving all over lately to help people out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have gotten anything from nothing, to $12 (what was in her wallet), to chocolate for me and sidewalk chalk for my kids, to $75-100, to $20 Starbucks gift cards... I appreciate any gift or tip, really, I just like to help!

LittlePeanut

Same boat here. I've received anything from a sincere thanks to a $10 gift card to $20-30 depending on how many seats I was checking out. Physio appointments (or gym memberships) are expensive too... My muscles always ache after a good workout! ;)

bbartlettnfld

I usually get donations of 20$ which I don't keep, it goes into our organizations bank account to cover the costs of day to day stuff.

Our group offers inspections as a free service.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC