Vent Not Feeling the Nextfit Love

WVUmama

I am so disappointed. This seat is beautiful. I wanted to love it. The install was simple and quick, and it fits nicely in my 2012 Odyssey. I was switching my 10 month old to it from our Radian XTSL and putting my 3 year old back in the Radian.

Two major issues:
1. The shoulder pads are ridiculous. They are huge and too close to his neck. It reminded me of someone wearing a big old neck brace. He fussed the entire time he was in it and it left nasty red marks on his neck no matter how I adjusted it.
2. The high bucket sides make it tough to get a squirmy almost toddler in and out. I'm so used to the low profile radian that maybe that is just me.

I think I might just keep him in his Radian and get another for my three year old.

Am I the only one not overly impressed with this seat?

ADS

stephpook

No, you're not the only one. I don't hate mine, but it's not my favorite seat either (that honor still belongs to the Radian).

I love the Radian because of the low profile sides. I thought I'd be able to get over that with the Nextfit, but it remains an issue.

It's too bad, really, because the Nextfit is a pretty awesome seat in a lot of ways (I love, love, love the color/fabric/feel and the easy peasy install). Even the shoulder pads don't bother my little one all that much. But those high sides and the over all lack of leg room compared to the Radian keep me from all out loving it.

WVUmama

Ok, we'll I'm glad to hear that. I also love our radian, and so do my kids. I didn't try the nextfit in the center, but I can only imagine it would be that much more difficult with the high sides!

thepote

We just switched from a Radian to the Nextfit in the off center captains chair in a 2005 odyssey. DD is 2.5. She can still climb in by herself, and to get her out our routine has become unbuckle and take arms out, I slide her outside leg over the edge, then grab her hands and pull her up and she guides her body out over the side and stands on the floor space next to the seat.

As for the harness, she doesn't mind it but what bothered me was all her hair would get caught under it and it would hurt her if I tried to pull it up out from under the rubbery harness. Coincidentally she got an above the shoulders haircut so its not an issue anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC