Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

3 Across in a 2006 Ford Freestyle?

Hey helpful people!

I have a friend in the USA who has a 2006 Ford Freestyle. She wants to keep the kids in the centre seat so she can load and unload them. She has a 5.5 yo (still harnessed), a 2.5 yo (just turned ff) and a 12 month old. The baby has just about outgrown his baby seat, so she needs something new. Right now she has 2 AOEs and an Evenflo Triumph65 DLX. One of the older boys is in an AOE, the other is in the Evenflo, and the baby is between them. She has to get a new seat for SOMEONE because obviously 2 AOEs + an Evenflo are too wide to fit in the vehicle. I don't know if she's doing a seatbelt or latch install. She's expressed interest in EHing the 5.5yo. Her budget for a seat/seats is $200ish.
    Can anyone help puzzle something in for one of the kids with her existing seats?

TIA!
    DS, 7, 65lbs, Parkway SG
    DD1, 5, 42lbs, ff RXT
    DD2, 4, 39lbs, ff RXT
    DD3, 2, rf Rainier

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician
    What about a harmony defender for the oldest? Nice narrow seat that doesn't break the bank.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

Carseat Crazy

Re: 3 Across in a 2006 Ford Freestyle?

In my 2007 Ford Freestyle I've only been able to get 2 Radians to install on the 60 split of the middle bench.

On the passenger side, I can pretty much install any seat - but need 2 Radians on the other side to make a 3 across work - and it's some work getting the Radian in the center.

The Defender is supposed to be narrow too - so she might try that for a FF child and then one Radian RF with an angle - probably behind the driver b/c the plastic parts in the seat bight in the center made it hard getting the RF Radian boot in properly for me.

Joy * DD Mar 2006 - Britax Parkway SGL/Evenflo Big Kid Sport LBB * DS Jul 2009 - Britax Frontier85/Graco Nautilus