Question Vivo vs Graco SS

Dorothy

Tonight at Target, we were perusing their new carseats (new Safety 1st, new Evenflo, NextFit). DD saw a pink, flowery TB and wanted to sit in it. I ended up pulling down the TB, SS, and one other (Harmony, maybe). The seat depth on the SS was way too much for her. I totally dug the SIP, though. If we decided to booster train this summer, would the Vivo be our best bet? TIA

ADS

Dorothy

I also like the harmony folding travel booster at walmart.
I'm pretty sure the Harmony Dreamtime was the third one we tried, and it seemed like it fit her the best (as much as one can eyeball these things in-store). I envisioned problems with slouching in the SS, even the TB, because the bend of her knees was too far back. For reference, she's wearing 5 Slim jeans right now.
ETA: It was definitely the Dreamtime, not the folding booster. Thanks for the tip. We'll have to do a test sit in one of those if we see one. ;)
Thanks for the link. :) I had actually just read that thread, and the whole belt path thing gives me pause.

Last edited:

Dorothy

I just read the blog first look at the Harmony Dreamtime booster. They raved about the seat depth, so I thought I was losing my mind. Then, I saw this: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=217098
Do you see how their little legs look like they're sticking out in the TB but bent at the knee in the Dreamtime? That's what I noticed tonight when DD sat in them in the store. Is it just the difference in the shape of the bases?

Last edited:

aries416

I got a Graco with SS for my DD and it works great for her. She is very leggy though. I've read that that Vivo is not great for leg support so that is what kept me from getting one.

thepote

I got a Graco with SS for my DD and it works great for her. She is very leggy though. I've read that that Vivo is not great for leg support so that is what kept me from getting one.

Yes - it is shallow, but I've found that it doesn't bother some kids. My ds1 was in an old style parkway until 12 and his knees were way over the edge and it wasn't an issue for him. Tippy ness bothered him a lot, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC