Kudos to Cybex on their cover design!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am not one of those wash-all-the-covers-frequently parents... As a result, my 8 1/2 month old has managed to avoid any huge vomiting episodes or poopsplosions in in the Aton so its cover has never been washed... until yesterday. Somehow her diaper got crooked and BOOM, dirty cover in the grocery store parking lot!

So, I bathed the cover and wiped down the seat yesterday. The seat itself easily came clean with a damp rag (as did the straps) except for one little crevice in the seat next to the crotch buckle where I had to get a q-tip... Ew. Anyway. The cover also washed up nice and clean.

It took a bit of effort to get the cover off, a little prying and tugging. This would probably be why the cover doesn't slip out of place and end up with misaligned harness slot holes like many seats I've owned. In my experience, most seat covers are fairly easy to take off, but more difficult to get back on. Often with fiddly elastic bands and... yeah.

So I wasn't really looking forward to re-dressing the Aton this morning. But once the cover was dry I tackled it, ready to have a big fight... and I didn't! The cover just slipped right back on. And once it slipped back on, it sat in place perfectly, and stayed there! And there are no fiddly elastics to do up!

I have to say I was not expecting it to be that easy, but looking at the cover and the reason it lines up so easily, it's just like a suit or dress tailored individually for its wearer. The quality of construction of the cover shines through; it's just so well designed, well cut, and well sewn that it really fits on perfectly. It took very little time and effort to get the cover back on correctly and it sits perfectly, looking as pretty as the day it arrived at my house!

So, kudos to Cybex. They really do provide quality in every aspect of this seat. I mean, I was already impressed by the ease of installation and the safety features taken into account in the design and even the quality of writing in the manual- I was just not expected to be this impressed with the way the cover washes up and fits right back on!

Oh, and yes- my 75th percentile for height, long-torsoed 8 1/2 month old still fits in the Aton, with a little room to grow. No, I wasn't expecting that either. :) She just moved up to the top slots a couple weeks ago.

ADS

mama_katz

My daughter fit in the Aton until she was around 14 months. It was crazy. And I've still never managed to take off the cover and wash it. I need to sell it and I was dreading having to get the cover off and back on. So, thanks for this post. I think I'm going to be brave now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC