Britax Boulevard or Chicco Nextfit

eelaroo2

I am a new poster, although I have been reading about convertible seats for months. Forgive me if someone else had a similar thread.

My DS is 7 months and about to reach the weight limit on our Chicco Keyfit 30. I thought I wanted a Boulevard, then I saw the Nextfit. I'm not set on Chicco, I just like the Keyfit. My son hates the car seat honestly, I'm wondering if the convertible will help with this.

I have a 2001 4runner with no LATCH and my husband has a GMC truck with LATCH. We will be transferring it back and forth on occasion, but it will mainly be in my SUV. I'm wanting to put the seat in the middle and RF for as long as we can. The keyfit is not able to be installed in the middle with LATCH. Can the Nextfit be installed middle with LATCH?

Is anyone in a similar situation trying to decide? I know the Nextfit is new, has anyone converted from Britax or another brand? Any recommendations either/or will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

ADS

Stelvis

Neither seat can be installed with LATCH in the center if your vehicle doesn't permit it, which it sounds like it doesn't. However, both seats have lockoffs, which make installing with the seatbelt fairly easy.

How tall is your baby, and where is your baby's head in relation to the top of the infant seat? The Nextfit is a much taller rear-facing seat so with a taller child, I'd go Nextfit. For a shorter to average torso child, I'd go Britax.

nannykates

Of those two seats, the Nextfit will last longer both rear and forward facing. For that reason I prefer it to Britax as both are user friendly in fit to vehicle and fit to child.

eelaroo2

My husband has latch. He has an extended cab backseat and there is very little room in the front seat with the keyfit. I wanted to be sure both could be installed with the latch middle, because you can't install middle with the keyfit.

Baby is average weight and height.

nannykates

My husband has latch. He has an extended cab backseat and there is very little room in the front seat with the keyfit. I wanted to be sure both could be installed with the latch middle, because you can't install middle with the keyfit.

Baby is average weight and height.

Even when latch is available in the outboard positions a child restraint of any kind can generally not use it in the center. If you want the seat center you will need to use the seat belt to install (equally safe and really not difficult once you get the hang of it). Also, the convertible seat can sit more upright which should allow more room for the passenger if you choose latch ouboard.

eelaroo2

Even when latch is available in the outboard positions a child restraint of any kind can generally not use it in the center. If you want the seat center you will need to use the seat belt to install (equally safe and really not difficult once you get the hang of it). Also, the convertible seat can sit more upright which should allow more room for the passenger if you choose latch ouboard.

Thanks! I actually just read this on another thread. I didn't know that if there were no center LATCH that you should use the seatbelt install. So that isn't a factor anymore.

I'm enjoying others comments and link to their seat and story. Helps me so much! I'm leaning Nextfit...

eelaroo2

I just ordered the Nextfit Intrigue for 238 from Albee baby. I'll let you all know how I like it...or not. So excited!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC