Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Britax Boulevard or Chicco Nextfit

I am a new poster, although I have been reading about convertible seats for months. Forgive me if someone else had a similar thread.

My DS is 7 months and about to reach the weight limit on our Chicco Keyfit 30. I thought I wanted a Boulevard, then I saw the Nextfit. I'm not set on Chicco, I just like the Keyfit. My son hates the car seat honestly, I'm wondering if the convertible will help with this.

I have a 2001 4runner with no LATCH and my husband has a GMC truck with LATCH. We will be transferring it back and forth on occasion, but it will mainly be in my SUV. I'm wanting to put the seat in the middle and RF for as long as we can. The keyfit is not able to be installed in the middle with LATCH. Can the Nextfit be installed middle with LATCH?

Is anyone in a similar situation trying to decide? I know the Nextfit is new, has anyone converted from Britax or another brand? Any recommendations either/or will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Neither seat can be installed with LATCH in the center if your vehicle doesn't permit it, which it sounds like it doesn't. However, both seats have lockoffs, which make installing with the seatbelt fairly easy.

How tall is your baby, and where is your baby's head in relation to the top of the infant seat? The Nextfit is a much taller rear-facing seat so with a taller child, I'd go Nextfit. For a shorter to average torso child, I'd go Britax.

CPS Technician
    Of those two seats, the Nextfit will last longer both rear and forward facing. For that reason I prefer it to Britax as both are user friendly in fit to vehicle and fit to child.

Re: Britax Boulevard or Chicco Nextfit

We switched from the Britax Boulevard to the NextFit. I far prefer the NextFit. Here's my pictures of my DS1 in both.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...levard+nextfit
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

My husband has latch. He has an extended cab backseat and there is very little room in the front seat with the keyfit. I wanted to be sure both could be installed with the latch middle, because you can't install middle with the keyfit.

Baby is average weight and height.

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    We switched from the Britax Boulevard to the NextFit. I far prefer the NextFit. Here's my pictures of my DS1 in both.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...levard+nextfit
    Thank you for the link, so helpful. I bet you have more room in your Pikot than I have. I will post pictures once I decide. Maybe it will help someone with an old 4rinner like me.

I just ordered the Nextfit Intrigue for 238 from Albee baby. I'll let you all know how I like it...or not. So excited!

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by eelaroo2 View Post
    My husband has latch. He has an extended cab backseat and there is very little room in the front seat with the keyfit. I wanted to be sure both could be installed with the latch middle, because you can't install middle with the keyfit.

Baby is average weight and height.
    Even when latch is available in the outboard positions a child restraint of any kind can generally not use it in the center. If you want the seat center you will need to use the seat belt to install (equally safe and really not difficult once you get the hang of it). Also, the convertible seat can sit more upright which should allow more room for the passenger if you choose latch ouboard.

Quote Originally Posted by nannykates View Post
    Even when latch is available in the outboard positions a child restraint of any kind can generally not use it in the center. If you want the seat center you will need to use the seat belt to install (equally safe and really not difficult once you get the hang of it). Also, the convertible seat can sit more upright which should allow more room for the passenger if you choose latch ouboard.
    Thanks! I actually just read this on another thread. I didn't know that if there were no center LATCH that you should use the seatbelt install. So that isn't a factor anymore.

I'm enjoying others comments and link to their seat and story. Helps me so much! I'm leaning Nextfit...