Thinking of maybe the Sureride for my girls

purplemama

DD1 rides in a MR and while there are things I really like about it, there are more I don't. That stupid buckle for one (and the chest clip) and the crotch strap is just so far out. DD1 is VERY tiny and there is about 2-3 inches inbetween her and the strap. For reference, she wears size 3 Luvs with the tabs crossed in front. She slouches down pretty bad in it.
I don't mind DD2's Proride but the leg room will become an issue before too long. I'd really like to have matching purple seats for my girls and the sureride is about the only one that won't break the bank. I could sell the MR and Proride to pay for them. I'd much prefer the Nextfit or BLVD but well, $$$.

I've got the "need to get a new seat" bug going on :eek:. I haven't liked the evenflo seats in the past and that scares me. But I'm thinking a trip to Target is in order to play with it.

Don't mind me, just another never satisfied car seat nut here :D

ADS

D&L's-mommy

I am, in general, not an evenflo fan either .but my dd (nearly 5yo) uses a sureride, ff though. I have tried it rf with my niece (5months) and she fits great. It's definitely not a top of the line seat, the harness is a bit twisty, and dd can't undo the chest clip herself, but I think the padding is adequate, it's incredibly easy to install, super light weight, and lasts a really long time, I don't have any problems with the buckle. The purple color is beautiful too. Overall it's not my dream seat,but it will keep dd harnessed longer than her old nautilus, I can do 3 across with it, it's so easy to transfer, and you can't beat the cost. so I can't really complain about the little things.

Last edited:

Phineasmama

The SureRide is nice but it has the same buckle as the MyRide so if that's one of the things you hate about it I'm not sure if I would go there...

xxluckychicxx

I am usually not an Evenflo fan, but DD rides in a SureRide FFing and we love it. I love it so much I ordered a 2nd one as a back up.

It does have the same buckle as Graco, but ours is extremely easy to buckle and unbuckle.

DD says its comfy, and it's the easiest install I've ever done. It will also last her until she's 8 at least. She's 5.5 and has a good year before she'll need to be moved to the top slot. DS (7 next month) has outgrown every other harnessed seat except the FR85 and still has tons of room in the SureRide.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SavsMom

xxluckychicxx said:
I am usually not an Evenflo fan, but DD rides in a SureRide FFing and we love it. I love it so much I ordered a 2nd one as a back up.

It does have the same buckle as Graco, but ours is extremely easy to buckle and unbuckle.

DD says its comfy, and it's the easiest install I've ever done. It will also last her until she's 8 at least. She's 5.5 and has a good year before she'll need to be moved to the top slot. DS (7 next month) has outgrown every other harnessed seat except the FR85 and still has tons of room in the SureRide.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

This...all of this
I love this seat. DD is 5.5 with tons of room to go. The buckle is the same style but I don't find it to be nearly as bad as the Gracos.

Irishmama

I actually replaced DD2's Maestro with a SureRide because she has more growing room in it, and we need a harness seat for the lap belt only position in our three across. She's on the top slots of the Maestro, but only the second to top of the SureRide.

I am surprised how much I like it, and DD does too. She likes it equally as much as her Frontier, maybe a bit more. She loves how cozy it is with the high sides, and she says it's soft. It's a nice little seat, and you can't beat the price! We don't have the issue some others have had with the harness, though I'm being careful to check it with each ride. I hated my old Triumph with a passion, and I liked the Maestro, but I really like the SureRide. It's lightweight and easy to install. I haven't dealt with the new Graco buckles, but I haven't had any problems with the SureRide one. I think it helps if you sort of rock the red button from bottom to top, if that makes any sense? DH hasn't complained either, and he usually does. Hope that helps!

Happy car seat shopping!

purplemama

What is your price range? I'm assuming the purple radian is out?

Yeah, that's a little pricey right now. And I like deep sides and I really don't like the Radian.

I'd really like to go play with one in store but the closest store to me with it is 25 min away and with gas so expensive (went up to $4.30 her yesterday :eek:) no way can I justify driving anywhere without several really good reasons :(. I feel trapped.

nannykates

Could the girls trade seats while you save for nextfits/watch for them on sale?

Please pardon my nextfit obsession.

Kel

My DD is really little also. She's 14mos and is about the 5% for both height and weight. I LOVE her in her BLVD!! She was in a MR, witch I loved, but she looked like she was floating ago and in it, lol. So I sold a couple seats to get her a Blvd. I've seen a couple Blvds In Caitlin on nobetterdeal.com the last month. So maybe keep your eyes peeled for one.

purplemama

Could the girls trade seats while you save for nextfits/watch for them on sale?

Please pardon my nextfit obsession.

Well DD2 is 13 months and itty bitty too so the MR doesn't work to well for her either.

My DD is really little also. She's 14mos and is about the 5% for both height and weight. I LOVE her in her BLVD!! She was in a MR, witch I loved, but she looked like she was floating ago and in it, lol. So I sold a couple seats to get her a Blvd. I've seen a couple Blvds In Caitlin on nobetterdeal.com the last month. So maybe keep your eyes peeled for one.

I have two of them that are supposed to be on their way back to Amazon but I keep "forgetting" to print out the labels. They were an impulse purchase we really can't afford (they were 45% off with the amazon mom code in may) and DH wasn't happy. I can't sell the girls current seats and my extras and get what they cost so I need to find something cheaper. Or really sweet talk DH into letting me keep the BLVDs.

AZmamaof2

Isn't there a purple headwise? Maybe that could be another option.

I saw the purple headwise online at Target for $199.99. Though the sureride sugar plum at Target is only $99.99. And radian? yikes, $269 for the plum rxt.

I also have a purple addiction :cool:

AZmamaof2

I have two of them that are supposed to be on their way back to Amazon but I keep "forgetting" to print out the labels.

Do you have the Caitlin fabric? It doesn't look like the typically Britax plush fabric. How would you describe it? Is it less likely to be cause overheating?

Kel

I have caitlin. I really like it. It's not plush. But it's soft and smooth. It's really pretty. I used Anna in winter and switched to Caitlin for summer. I'm using mine on a Blvd with black straps and love the way it looks!

AZmamaof2

I'd really like to go play with one in store but the closest store to me with it is 25 min away

I went to a Target today, and checked it out. Here's a question I came back with though. I read the car seat data forum here and it is listed with 6 harness heights, but the SureRide in the store only had 4 and it was the sugar plum. Can someone weigh in on this?

Otherwise, I like the color and the cushions. It's not britax cushy, but probably as good as most graco seats (ex. myride).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC