New britax short harness height?

fyrfightermomma

So in my quest for a 3 across that works I went to buy buy baby. I finally decided all that will work that allows the girls to buckle themselves is a convertible on a narrow base

I tried a bunch and the britax 3G seats actually for the best and gave each girl at least another 2" to buckle.

So I was ecstatic I found something. Not most economical but it works for now. Well till I put my kid in it. He has like no growing room! Are they really that short? I remember my girls fitting into the older britax much longer. Joey is a runt too.

It's the pavilion. Is there a difference in harness heights among the britax seats? Is there one I could get that would last a bit longer? Don't know if the headwinds make a difference.

Help! I want this to work!!

ADS

MommyShannon

The New gen Britax seats with adjustable headrests all have 17" top slots, same as the classic Marathon. The Roundabout 55 is shorter. The fit in the classic models might fit longer, but measurements show the same.

gigi

I don't find the new Boulevard shorter than my EFTA or old Boulevard. I loooove my G3 Boulevard. My little one is just 2 with a couple inches throwing room RF so I have a while but I'm looking forward to using it FF too! Maybe your son has a proportionately longer torso than your older kids did?

abigaylebelle

Sometimes my headwings get a little stuck when I try to put them all the way up, are you sure you were looking at the top slot? I actually have to turn the seat around to make sure of it.

My 6 year old has room to grow in the g3 seats and he is about 44" tall, 14" torso.

fyrfightermomma

Sometimes my headwings get a little stuck when I try to put them all the way up, are you sure you were looking at the top slot? I actually have to turn the seat around to make sure of it.

My 6 year old has room to grow in the g3 seats and he is about 44" tall, 14" torso.

Good idea. I'll
Check tomorrow. Thanks!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The only one I can think of is Size4Me/Headwise. Maybe Foonf. Talk about vastly different price points lol. I think S4M is 17" too but it seems like it's taller than new Britax, so I dunno. Perhaps it's a ghost seat? I took a bunch of puzzling pics with it one day if you search for threads by me... would have been last summer.

Oh! SureRide is really tall, and cheap. Just make sure you read up on it's harness issues so you can make an educated decision in that regard.

Not sure if you tried any of those yet. (MyRide is my go-to narrow based seat, but its top slots are lower.) If I think of something else brilliant, I'll come add it!

fyrfightermomma

The only one I can think of is Size4Me/Headwise. Maybe Foonf. Talk about vastly different price points lol. I think S4M is 17" too but it seems like it's taller than new Britax, so I dunno. Perhaps it's a ghost seat? I took a bunch of puzzling pics with it one day if you search for threads by me... would have been last summer.

Oh! SureRide is really tall, and cheap. Just make sure you read up on it's harness issues so you can make an educated decision in that regard.

Not sure if you tried any of those yet. (MyRide is my go-to narrow based seat, but its top slots are lower.) If I think of something else brilliant, I'll come add it!

We had the head wise and the base was too wide and the height of the base too low to work :(

It has to sit up high and have a super narrow base to enable the girls to buckle.

The sure ride to me didn't seem to be up on that much of a base

fyrfightermomma

We had the head wise and the base was too wide and the height of the base too low to work :(

It has to sit up high and have a super narrow base to enable the girls to buckle.

The sure ride to me didn't seem to be up on that much of a base

Grrr this seat works perfect! But it won't last. How wide is the next fit base?

Jackie010307

I measured a nextfit base at work the other day and if I remember right it was 13.5 inches. The foonf measured at 11 inches I believe.

fyrfightermomma

Ok, so besides the obvious he has barely any growing room, I can also barely get the harness around him! It's out all the way and he has to basically dislocate his arms to get them in. The adjustment strap is at the end, I took it out, its not caught, the yoke is at the top position.....There is just not enough harness length

What in the world am I doing wrong? I'm a tech....honest....did I Just get a bum seat or something? My kid is tiny! He should not be out of harness length OR too tall for this seat!

Its a click n safe if that makes a difference

MommyShannon

I'm not sure about the seat. I will have my 5 year old try our MA70 later and see how much harness it takes. What booster are you using next to it? My DD has a Clek Olli and the armrests are so high (which she LOVES about it) that I buckle it by going under the armrest instead of squeezing between it and a rf TFP beside it. Both are in captains chairs so its not the same as being on a bench side by side, but I think it'd help.

fyrfightermomma

I'm not sure about the seat. I will have my 5 year old try our MA70 later and see how much harness it takes. What booster are you using next to it? My DD has a Clek Olli and the armrests are so high (which she LOVES about it) that I buckle it by going under the armrest instead of squeezing between it and a rf TFP beside it. Both are in captains chairs so its not the same as being on a bench side by side, but I think it'd help.

Hmmm that's an idea. The one next to the seat is a topside. Got it cause the arm rests are super low so it would fit under. But maybe I'm doing it all wrong and high arm rests are what I need. The other is a turbo for the oldest. I'll give it a shot when I go to bru today

creideamh

I remember thinking there wasn't a ton of harness length when we had our BV/Pavilions. DD still had at least 4 clicks to the top, but there was only about 6-8 in of harness left (so even though she's super skinny, moving the harness all the way up would've eaten a lot of it.)

MommyShannon

The high armrests help buckle but can also make it take up too much space. Worth trying though. There are 2 Ozzis on NBD right now if you'd be ok with a NBB.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC