Pioneer 70 on Britax's site... more colors!

ADS

Mamasboys

Ooh, DS3 will totally want the red. But mama really likes the texture on the grey (and I *have* a Target card, hehe!). Hmm, decisions, decisions. DS3 is going to need *something* new in the second vehicle by September.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm also excited for something other than black and gray at BRU. :)

Jackie010307

Would a child who is on the 3rd position up from the bottom in a parkway sgl still fit in one? (I'm pretty sure she's in the 3rd, not the 4th, but I'm going to check soon!) I'm considering putting dd in a harness for a massive road trip this summer, but she has a super long torso. I don't have a measurement but I've tried the radian and she's even or just above the top slots. I know they say it can be used above the slots, but that's a lot of money to spend on a seat for such little use as we have no younger children to pass it down to. I really don't want to spring for a frontier for this trip, either, since she does fine in her booster. I guess I'm just looking for a little more piece of mind that she will stay seated for the entire trip. We haven't done a road trip with her in a booster before.

Athena

Can you measure the height of where she's at in the Parkway to compare? Do you know her torso height? This seat only goes up to 18.5, so it sounds iffy. I'm not sure where my DD is in the Parkway, but not on the top and she's on the Frontier 85 top slots, so she wouldn't fit in this. But it's worth measuring to see. How about the Frontier 85 with its 20" top slot? My girls love theirs.

Jessica61624

Would a child who is on the 3rd position up from the bottom in a parkway sgl still fit in one? (I'm pretty sure she's in the 3rd, not the 4th, but I'm going to check soon!) I'm considering putting dd in a harness for a massive road trip this summer, but she has a super long torso. I don't have a measurement but I've tried the radian and she's even or just above the top slots. I know they say it can be used above the slots, but that's a lot of money to spend on a seat for such little use as we have no younger children to pass it down to. I really don't want to spring for a frontier for this trip, either, since she does fine in her booster. I guess I'm just looking for a little more piece of mind that she will stay seated for the entire trip. We haven't done a road trip with her in a booster before.

This would only be about 1.5in higher than the radian. My dd was even with the top slots of the radian too and we moved her to a frontier 90.

Jackie010307

If it's only 1.5" taller than the radian then she probably doesn't fit in it. I haven't tried her in a radian in a while, probably about 6-8 months, and I know she's gone up at least one shirt size just for length since then. I really don't want to get a frontier just for this trip. I really like them but spending that much on a seat I really don't need isn't something I'm ready to do. She usually sleeps fine in the parkway, I'm just being a nervous mommy!

jennzee

Am I the only one who really doesn't know what to think of the Redwood pattern? It kinda makes me dizzy..

Redwood is my least favorite option. The pattern itself isn't terrible, but I hate the color scheme. Going for bold, kiwi is my favorite and easily usable for either gender.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can someone explain to me why HUGS must be used FFing on all of their other seats, but they are not on these? :confused:

katymyers

Can someone explain to me why HUGS must be used FFing on all of their other seats, but they are not on these? :confused:

I'd like to know that too. One reason I love Britax so much is all of the features they offer that no other car seat has, I have to believe that a company with such amazing customer service standing behind their products and such extensive testing that they do on their own all those things truly do make a difference. The HUGS are one of those for me and with this seat not having them I can't even consider it despite the price.

I'd like to know that too. One reason I love Britax so much is all of the features they offer that no other car seat has, I have to believe that a company with such amazing customer service standing behind their products and such extensive testing that they do on their own all those things truly do make a difference. The HUGS are one of those for me and with this seat not having them I can't even consider it despite the price.

I'm guessing it has to do with shell strength, harness load distribution, belt path differences and a different harness weave, because all other Britax harnessed seats with a forward facing weight capacity over 55 lbs have HUGS, as you know. This is just my guess though.

IMO, I will still put my full trust in Britax, HUGS or not, to produce well-made, safe seats. They are one company that I trust very much, for good reason, to make a product that I will put a child's life in the hands of. I would however, like to know the end reasoning for the lack of HUGS.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC