NBD June

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

1mommy

Add me to the list of NBD stalkers! :D I'm looking specifically for a cowmoo marathon.. what are the chances of it coming around anytime soon? Or is it just pure luck?

MariahMichaels

I ordered a Radian RXT from NBD, when I received it I looked it over very well. I noticed the tags were taken off but included in the box and all plastic removed from the seat, there was some very minor scratches well more like scuffs on the back side of it. The cover looks new, no stains or wear on it. The harness was set on the first slot but with a ton of slack, leading me to believe someone was unable to adjust the harness to fit their child so they returned it to the store. All of the tags from the seat were in the box, I know this because I recently purchased a Radian RXT from Target and I had left all the tags on it so we could make sure it would fit, we took the tags off after it was installed into my car. I wanted to be able to return it to Target if it didn't fit. This was my first purchase from NBD and my husband has already installed it into his car, he had no problems with the install. My question is, since the tags were off but still in the box is the seat safe to use or should we send it back?

mom of six

My question is, since the tags were off but still in the box is the seat safe to use or should we send it back?

My vote is for safe to use. Recently I have purchased a couple of car seats that I wanted to try out. I had every intention of leaving the tags attached but 2 year olds do not have those same intentions. I have also had tags get pulled off from just trying the kids in the seat. I made sure those tags were with the seats when I returned them.

Sometimes a person truly has every intention of keeping a seat so as soon as it comes out of the box they cut off all the tags. THEN they try it out and see it is not going to work in their situation. I think the fact that the tags were there shows that they acted in good faith.

Phineasmama

Sometimes if you are trying to adjust the harness or something while installing it you need to take the tags off...I wouldn't worry too much.

crunchierthanthou

And then I wasn't online again yesterday. :eek:

Either they fixed the glitch, or the only thing I'm watching that's still to come is a Bob SUS Duallie.

girls2sweet

Thanks. That one said not available when I last looked. I put it in my cart. I liked the 129 price better but still. I also have the Vivo in my cart, which would be good for Matt potentially in the stupid van. Can I say I really wanted red? I'll think about it for a few minutes.

I bought the Vivo in Carbon, but there's a Bella too. I was SO tempted by the Bella, and really wanted it more, but we already have a ProRide in Carbon so I got the Vivo to match. I heard the Bella was more red than pink, or I might have got it. As of right now, the Bella is still available.

Wow - all these great deals this month. I have seen so many carseats on NBD lately. Seems like a few months ago, they barely got any in stock. Now it's like Christmas every day - except I can't afford to buy them all!

BSoares

I see they have one FR85 SICT there but I really want the FR90. The SICT/Pinnacle are too big and I think the FR90 will offer enough protection for my boy. Will keep watching, hoping to see one with the Onyx cover.

agave

I got my Parkway SGL today, it had no tags, obviously taken out of the box but not abused. I don't like the lap belt fit either. My nephew's SG fit fine last month in my brother's car and when she was 3 1/2 in my 3rd row. I'll try it out in my 3rd row this weekend and in my parent's cars since that where it was supposed to eventually go. I don't like that there where no tags not even in the box either. :(

CMeMeC

girls2sweet said:
I bought the Vivo in Carbon, but there's a Bella too. I was SO tempted by the Bella, and really wanted it more, but we already have a ProRide in Carbon so I got the Vivo to match. I heard the Bella was more red than pink, or I might have got it. As of right now, the Bella is still available.

Wow - all these great deals this month. I have seen so many carseats on NBD lately. Seems like a few months ago, they barely got any in stock. Now it's like Christmas every day - except I can't afford to buy them all!

I got a carbon vivo too...I prefer pink, but I'm not sure which kid is going to use it and I don't think my son would go for pink, even reddish pink.

ZanesMom

My FR90 was shipped today! Woohoo!

Also I think I figured out why my new grill was on there...notice anything funny?

I just thought I'd share the picture of your grill that I took today at Home Depot. I think the blue is suppose to be there.

Sorry, I'm have trouble with my phone.

ZanesMom

I just thought I'd share the picture of your grill that I took today at Home Depot. I think the blue is suppose to be there.

Sorry, I'm have trouble with my phone.

I don't now how to edit on the app.
3EB99311-B6C3-4E39-ABC5-9B83AEDC5DBD-5012-0000029E6ADC297D_zps83d9cfc1.jpg
[/IMG]

Phineasmama

Wow that's weird! I have not seen a stock picture anywhere online with that blue on it, they always show that part being silver to match the rest of the grill.

Phineasmama

I really tried, I could not find any edges or anything to take off. The rest of the grill had tons of protective covering on it but it was CLEAR not bright blue!

love-pink

I really tried, I could not find any edges or anything to take off. The rest of the grill had tons of protective covering on it but it was CLEAR not bright blue!

Its on there good, but once you get a start it comes right off. We just remodeled our bathroom and anything metal and the tub was covered in the tight blue protective tape.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Its on there good, but once you get a start it comes right off. We just remodeled our bathroom and anything metal and the tub was covered in the tight blue protective tape.

Yeah, I normally claw at it to get it roughed up so I can pick and lift it.

ZanesMom

I've seen metal with the blue covering and this did not feel like that. It felt like metal. I could be wrong through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC