NBD June

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella_1818

Anybody have a picture of what to look for in a defective Frontier 90 rod? I have to pull my seats today anyway and want to look over them after reading this :eek:

ADS

mamma bear

That's an awesome deal. AWESOME. I am on the hunt for a Duallie!

Got the BOB about 3 days after ordering it---and it was in perfect condition. All original packaging, tags still attached, etc. Assembly was a breeze and we used it all weekend. :dance::jive:

BSoares

Anybody have a picture of what to look for in a defective Frontier 90 rod? I have to pull my seats today anyway and want to look over them after reading this :eek:

It would be sticking out if it's "defective". I tried to attach a picture but it seems my quota is exceeded. But it's easy to figure out, if you can't see the rod then it's good, if it's out past the edge of the seat then it's not good.

duckmama

Has it been a slow week or have I just missed everything good. Those FR 90's sounded like great deals. I'm a little scared to buy from NBD knowing their policy on open box. I was under the impression they looked things over and if they were dirty or very used did not sell them. I got a bouncer 2 weeks before my due date that when you opened the box was filthy, didn't work, was missing parts and the screws were stripped so if they had even opened the box as they say they do someone should have seen this. I had an emergency c section at 37 weeks and shipped it back by UPS as told to do buy I missed the 30 day window and never got a refund. I got a dirty swing but it works once too, also a 30 second look would have solved this.

Emily928

There's been pretty much nothing new in the baby section since sometime last week! I'm sorry to hear about your experience, duckmama! Everything I've ordered from them has been in perfect condition but maybe I've just gotten lucky...

1mommy

There's been pretty much nothing new in the baby section since sometime last week!

Guess you spoke too soon, just after you posted this they updated their stock, maybe their stalking this thread ;) There is FR90 in Zebra that currently says unavailable if anyone's willing to try refreshing for it.

Snow mom

Has it been a slow week or have I just missed everything good. Those FR 90's sounded like great deals. I'm a little scared to buy from NBD knowing their policy on open box. I was under the impression they looked things over and if they were dirty or very used did not sell them. I got a bouncer 2 weeks before my due date that when you opened the box was filthy, didn't work, was missing parts and the screws were stripped so if they had even opened the box as they say they do someone should have seen this. I had an emergency c section at 37 weeks and shipped it back by UPS as told to do buy I missed the 30 day window and never got a refund. I got a dirty swing but it works once too, also a 30 second look would have solved this.

They just posted a bunch of items a bit ago. I'm sorry to hear they never refunded your return. That hasn't been my experience with them but I think it really depends who you get. I had an item that i didn't get to check over in the 30 day return window and when I emailed them about it (with an explanation of why I didn't get to it sooner) they offered to let me return or to reduce the price due to the issue. I think it's always a good idea to get confirmation from a company before returning, even if you know there return policy.

YouAreTheFocus

I just received my Foonf in Dragonfly. It appears new, along the lines of tried in a car but didn't work out (it is not BNIB never opened/used). The seat is very clean, no signs of anyone ever sitting in it. The headrest came already attached (I believe it normally comes unattached). There does not seem to be any paperwork--I don't see the manual or warranty. I see the seat, wedge, anti-rebound bar, bag of cotter pins & straight pins.

ETA: It does have the green tabs/pins in place--this is something ppl brought up on the Clek FB page.

FYI I compared it to the unboxing on this blog:
http://onabreath.com/2013/04/04/the-mother-of-all-carseats-the-clek-foonf/

I'm not sure if we're going to keep it. We only have one DC & one car, and our NextFit seems to be working out (I wasn't sure if it would when I ordered the Foonf). Also, after I ordered it DH told me he hates the color :rolleyes:

I just don't know! :confused:

Last edited:

piffer28

Got my pinnacle and LOVE it. Brand new, in bag with all tags attached. Of course I checked the rods, then removed the tags. Then after, I checked the safety cell on the bottom and they have stress marks. So, I guess I call tomorrow. HOpe I have as good of luck as Bruno! I will add a picture (if I can figure out how)!

Jessica61624

Got my pinnacle and LOVE it. Brand new, in bag with all tags attached. Of course I checked the rods, then removed the tags. Then after, I checked the safety cell on the bottom and they have stress marks. So, I guess I call tomorrow. HOpe I have as good of luck as Bruno! I will add a picture (if I can figure out how)!

The stress marks are ok as per Sarah tilton from britax.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=250131

I did call about my(non nbd) frontier having the rod issue and they're sending out a new seat.

mlohry

One thing I know is that Britax's customer service ROCKS! They once upgraded a seat for me without me knowing they were going to do it after I had 2 issues with a RA50, they sent me a MA70 when they had 1st come out. They also replace parts no questions asked.

Amy7707

Jessica61624 said:
I did call about my(non nbd) frontier having the rod issue and they're sending out a new seat.
Did they let you keep the cover of the original? I've heard of companies doing that and can't remember which one it was.

Sent from my DROID using Car-Seat.Org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC