Not long? Plus: enable me

Stelvis

So, I slid the headrest down two clicks in an attempt to measure DD's head in relation to the shell of the BLVD 70. It's so hard to tell! But I think she has about 1/2-3/4" of torso height left? The handle is still slightly above the shell of the seat in this position. She is 19 months.

So....what do I want to do next? I like having DS and DD ride next to each other and having the other captain's chair open. She's already over 35" so I don't want anything with a 40" height limit. The Nextfit won't install well there, and neither will the Headwise etc. At least they didn't when I was trying them out at BRU. If anyone has different experience with them, let me know ('11 Ody). Does this mean I need a Foonf? :dance: Will the Foonf block my vision significantly?

Attachments

• IMG_3287.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 63
ADS

T4K

Do you like using side mirrors? I use a Foonf in my Jeep and it is reaaaaalllly big and tall. You pretty much have to use side mirrors.

T4K

I learned to drive on a Ford Econoline conversion van. So yeah, I can use mirrors!

LOL, then you are good. The Foonf can block your rear vision but unless you don't know how to use side mirrors it's not a concern. It's like a full adult sitting in the back. Except you can tell them to move, the Foonf doesn't move on command. Maybe it should at that price point.

eta: that a lot of negatives, I'm sure you can interpret :p

T4K

I keep expecting the cute monkey to sing or dance but it just sits there. :-/

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You are anti-Radian, right? If so, and you are sure Headwise won't install* and you don't want 40" seats, I think the Foonf is your answer.

*If you are otherwise interested in S4M/Headwise, I would recline your seatback a click or two. It made a dramatic difference in my install (though it was already acceptable) and leg room. I haven't worked in a new Ody to know how things install or what the manual allows, though.

Stelvis

You are anti-Radian, right? If so, and you are sure Headwise won't install* and you don't want 40" seats, I think the Foonf is your answer.

*If you are otherwise interested in S4M/Headwise, I would recline your seatback a click or two. It made a dramatic difference in my install (though it was already acceptable) and leg room. I haven't worked in a new Ody to know how things install or what the manual allows, though.

I will never again give a dime to Diono. So yeah, anti-Radian. I realize it would hypothetically solve my problem but after my debacle with them I just can't.

I did try reclining seat when installing the S4M. I just got too much side to side motion. Seatbelt vs. LATCH didn't matter. It went in fine in the captain's chair so I suspect it's just incompatible there.

I suppose I could also move DD outboard. I really like the Nextfit.

nannykates

Could you just trade their spots? I'm Pretty sure the FR it looks like DS is in can be installed on the center seat. Then you would have lots of choices for DD (my favorite of which is the Nextfit).

Stelvis

Could you just trade their spots? I'm Pretty sure the FR it looks like DS is in can be installed on the center seat. Then you would have lots of choices for DD (my favorite of which is the Nextfit).

True, but then I can't slide the captain's chair forward for third row access. Which isn't a huge deal, I don't use it that often. I guess I can't have everything!

Baylor

I am also completely anti Radian.. But have a Monterey I love.. I think since that Monterey blocks my view in my van, You should at least get a seat you like to block your view. ;)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I will never again give a dime to Diono. So yeah, anti-Radian. I realize it would hypothetically solve my problem but after my debacle with them I just can't.

I did try reclining seat when installing the S4M. I just got too much side to side motion. Seatbelt vs. LATCH didn't matter. It went in fine in the captain's chair so I suspect it's just incompatible there.

I suppose I could also move DD outboard. I really like the Nextfit.

No judgement at all regarding the Radian from me - I was just making sure I was recalling the proper poster. :)

Yeah if you tried all of those things then it sounds incompatible. I was kind of amazed at the difference it made for me so I thought it was worth a suggestion.

I have NextFit love, too. I would probably move her outboard and opt for that over the Foonf... but I don't think either would be the "wrong" answer.

ETA: Your DD is younger than I remembered. What is your RF goal?

Stelvis

Wait, your baby is outgrowing the BLVD 70 at 19 months? What's the criteria again?

1" below the shell (not headrest). Which is tough to measure because the headrest is movable. But I think she's getting pretty close.

DS had also outgrown it shortly before 2, at 36"-ish. So this is not that wacky. She's on track to do the same. I just have tall kids with long torsos. Her torso is about 13.5 - 14" I think. His is 17.5-18", but he's always had a much bigger head, also.

Stelvis

No judgement at all regarding the Radian from me - I was just making sure I was recalling the proper poster. :)

Yeah if you tried all of those things then it sounds incompatible. I was kind of amazed at the difference it made for me so I thought it was worth a suggestion.

I have NextFit love, too. I would probably move her outboard and opt for that over the Foonf... but I don't think either would be the "wrong" answer.

ETA: Your DD is younger than I remembered. What is your RF goal?

I'm thinking about moving her the more I think about it. Going to try the Frontier with LBP in the center since we can't use LATCH for him anymore. But if I get a Nextfit I want to wait for the new colors!

RF goal: at least 3. Closer to 4 if possible but I won't stress after 3, 3.5.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC