Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Are these new Nautilus covers?

I don't recall seeing these before. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Elite-Seat-Vice/dp/B00BR0OMG0/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1370228124&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Graco Nautilus Elite 3-in-1 Car Seat, Vice: Baby[/ame]

Perhaps I live under a rock, though.

And is this a new Argos cover? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Argos-70-3-in-1-Car-Seat/dp/B00B5LS5KK/ref=sr_1_79?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1370228253&sr=1-79"]Amazon.com: Argos 70 3-in-1 Car Seat: Baby[/ame]

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Are these new Nautilus covers?

Not sure if they are new or not...but they're nice! The Argos one reminds me a bit of the Lauren SR30 cover. So pretty!
    Mom to two princesses riding in a FF FRXT & RXT and a FF FRXT & BV, and a little dude RF'ing in a Peg Convertible & a MR.

Oh I love that Argos cover. The orange Nauti cover sucks bc most of the color will be gone when the padding is taken out. Boo.

I love the orange cover!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Nice to see the Elite models back. Tangerine is a brand new cover for the Click Connect infant seats, so, yeah, new. Vice? Really?
    I hope they do a convertible in Tangerine, so no one wants to go straight from an infant seat to a Nautilus....
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

The cover is named "Vice"? Exactly what I want for my preschooler, thanks.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by carseatcoach View Post
    Yeah!

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Nice to see the Elite models back. Tangerine is a brand new cover for the Click Connect infant seats, so, yeah, new. Vice? Really?
    I hope they do a convertible in Tangerine, so no one wants to go straight from an infant seat to a Nautilus....
    I agree!

I liked the Elite model and am glad to see it back, too!

Quote Originally Posted by carseatcoach View Post
    Thinking about it more, maybe they just know there are addicts out there, and they are teasing us? Like when Britax used the name Foofy after reading it on the PP message board years ago?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

12. Thank You from:

I don't remember this Turbo cover, either. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backless-Booster-Car-Seat/dp/B00CXVH5P2/ref=sr_1_154?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1370291362&sr=1-154"]Amazon.com: Graco Backless Booster Car Seat - Liala: Baby[/ame]

Again, I could be wrong that these are new! I don't peruse carseat manufacturers' pages, nor store shelves, the way I used to.

They're new-ish. I remember loving the Tangerine until someone pointed out that there is no orange on the cover (other than the headrest).
    Kacie, CPST.
    Aunt to SIX little loves between the ages of two weeks and seven years!

Yeah, I find it VERY irritating that the colors on Graco seats are generally on the inserts. Once you remove the insert, you lose almost all the color!

AND, in the case of the Nautilus/Argos, by the time a child is actually ready for the seat, he/she is WAY too big for the insert (since it can only be used when using the first harness slot).

(That hasn't changed recently, has it?)

I think the newest seats have two slots on the insert so kids can use them in the two lowest positions now. Not sure about the Argos since there are no slots, actually, now that I try to remember it, lol.
    Julie

Agreed on the frustration with the color only on the insert... :-/
    Soph- 9-10-10 riding in radians RXT, XTSL, and 65SL
    John- 5-03-13 our angel...
    Rucker- 10-14-14 riding in a coccoro & snugride
    (Poor guy- took me over a month to add his info!)