Lightest forward facing only seat

tl01

Which seat is the lightest that only forward faces? I need something for traveling with DS2 who is three.

ADS

tam_shops

I like the Maestro for a back-up and travel seat. It has harness to 50# and 18" torso height. It's light enough that I can carry it w/ one hand and narrow enough that I did a 3 across in a jetta w/ 2 and a Scenera, so it's my favorite seat. :dance:

The Chase and now Securekid are smaller/shorter, so I'd guess lighter, but have a lower harness height/weight and aren't that much cheaper, so I prefer the Maestro.

I do *not* know which is the lightest overall, sorry!

tam

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Chase Deluxe, SecureKid, and Maestro all have the same basic shell... So none are shorter than the others (except the SK 300/400 adjusts taller in booster mode.)

I'm actually thinking a SureRide for Mags for a travel seat even though it's a convertible because it's got taller top slots than anything but the Frontiers/Pinnacle and is a bit narrower which I like for airplane seats.

tl01

The Chase Deluxe, SecureKid, and Maestro all have the same basic shell... So none are shorter than the others (except the SK 300/400 adjusts taller in booster mode.)

I'm actually thinking a SureRide for Mags for a travel seat even though it's a convertible because it's got taller top slots than anything but the Frontiers/Pinnacle and is a bit narrower which I like for airplane seats.

I wish they'd resolve the harness coming off on the SureRide. I think it would be great otherwise.

mominabigtruck

I'd do a maestro. Really light, easy to use and installs like a dream. It's what I keep at my moms and even she can install it, and that's saying something.

tl01

Anyone see any if these seats at especially amazing prices....? Preferably to sureride or the maestro....

cake...

I love the maestro for a backup/travel seat. Easy install and easy to carry around. IIRC I got it on amazon for around $60 awhile back.

tam_shops

Thanks! I swore the Chase was 17"/40#, but all those numbers get jumbled in my head! LOL

And, the Secrekid 100 and 300/400 have the same height, but different weights? I've only seen the 100 and it somehow looked smaller in that big CT store! LOL That's interesting and confusing that they are the same, but different! LOL Reinforced I'd assume, but hard for parents to listen to/understand that...

tam

creideamh

The new Chase/SK100 is 40lb harness, Maestro 50lb harness (same 18" top slots- the old Chase had much lower top slots.) Neither headrest adjusts. Slightly different headrest shapes and cup holders, but same basic shell with the booster guide affixed to the shell.

The SK 300/400 are 65lb harness, same 18" ish top slots, have adjustable headrests with a belt guide so last much longer in booster mode, and they are heavier. Still not HEAVY, but not as light as the first two or the SR. The 400 is steel-reinforced on the back, so probably about 12-13lb? Not sure if the 300 is, but if it isn't, I imagine it's probably 10-11lb.

Then the SureRide has the 19" ish top slots but is a convertible and weighs 9lb.

Your handy dandy US Evenflo guide. ;) Canada is different, though, remember!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not concerned about the harness. I just won't loosen one strap at a time. I tend not to loosen at all really, I get it tight and keep it there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC