Help me decide Color/Fabric Choice of Regent

mtnharmony

I thought I was getting a Como but now I think a Regent. I am wondering which would be better fr $209, the Sahara or Onyx. I want whichever is more padded and softer to the touch. Can anyone tell me which that would be??

Thanks!

ADS

ZephyrBlue

I loved the Sahara IRL- the fabric wasn't plushy, but I don't like that faux-shag hairy fabric, LOL! We're in New Mexico and it's too freaking hot for a hairy seat. I've never seen the Regent Onyx IRL, but it looks hot to me, maybe because it's so dark? $209 is such a deal! :thumbsup:

mtnharmony

I thought the same thing, but the middle fabric on the onyx is what concerned me. It looks too plasticy or something.

Morganthe

DD & I loathed the Sahara. The suede trim around the outside of the seat was very nice. But the inner fabric where the child sits is this sticky nylony rough stuff that seems to be lost from the late 70s. Whoever thought this was a great choice in covers should have his head examined.

That nasty material even gave dd slight rashing on the back of her arms and legs :(

Can't help you on the Onyx. Never seen it. I wouldn't go for black anyway. Too blah for me. :p

arly1983

Having had both Onyx and Sahara, the middle fabric was equally scratchy. We got the Sahara just because it looked cooler.

mtnharmony

darn! My son loved the Shannon, and DH didn't care but I don't see that available for the Regent. Gggrrr. Ds gets rashes super easy! Making me wonder if I shouldn't get the como afterall.

ZephyrBlue

The Madison is super soft- my DD has very severe eczema and the backs of her knees haven't gotten irritated at all from the Madison fabric. Not sure if your DS would like it as well as the Shannon, though. BTW, my 2.5yo DS just picked the Shannon BV over all the other choices ;)

Morganthe

Just a thought, you could go ahead and purchase a Sahara or Onyx now with the sale . With winter coming, he won't feel the material as much. Britax is introducing new covers this fall and estimate that 6-9 months, they'll be available separately. You'd have a spare then.

Or you could purchase the Madison and offer to trade it for someone later on that gets a 'boy' or neutral cover. :shrug-shoulders: ;) Lovely material, but it IS very pink. :p

jennsmile

Albeebaby still lists Classic which it to be plush of course they aren't having a sale... And it might be an older DOM.

Jenn

Mama2J

I was also thinking just buy the Sahara or Onyx, and either buy one of the new covers that are coming out, or get a cover from Ebay. That way you would have an extra cover too. That's where we got our Marina cover.

LuvBug

I know someone who might be willing to trade you a classic cover for a madison... so you could buy it in madison and then make a trade ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC