Birth to Belt-Cheapest Plan

bella_1818

My cousin just had twins about a month ago. Her children are riding in Graco 22's that she bought off craigslist :eek:

She sent me a Facebook message asking for recommendations for next seats so she can start watching CL for deals :(

She'll likely follow Tennessee's legal minimum requirements (FF at 1, booster at 4, belt at 4'9). She's a pediatric nurse and does know better.

I know price is her main concern. What seat would you suggest?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Two Cosco Sceneras, then assuming she was buying today, two Evenflo Maestros, two Harmony Lite Riders. Total cost: $108 for each child ($40/$55/$13).

Wendy

EmmaGrace'sMom

The evenflo surefit is the longest lasting cheap convertible I can think of....but if she's not going to do anymore than the listed rfing/harnessing a scenera is about as cheap as it gets.

xxluckychicxx

If she's looking for cheapest option I'd say Sceneras then Evenflo Amp HBB (later take the backs off). That would be $70 total a piece. Sceneras should get them to 4, then the Amps will get them till they're out boosters.

For best practice use, the SureRides would be the best bang for her buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

D&L's-mommy

the sureride (most kids will fit the harness til 6 or 7 yo (or expiration) and is on sale fairly often, I got mine for $80 at target, then a amp hbb for $35, take the back off eventually, so $115 per kid, you could save a $10 per kid if the goal is just to meet the minimums, but these seats would be good for best practice

Ellie173

If she is in the Knoxville area let her know to look up Bargain Mart. It has really nice seats at low prices. Last time I was in there was a pile of about 10 in box Radians for $100 each and other very discounted seats that will last a long time. There are others throughout the state I think so she would just need to google it for locations. Hope that can help some!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Two Sure Rides @ $80 each (you can almost always get them for $80 or less off Kohls.com with coupon codes) then two Lite Riders. Total cost: $93 each. Or less if you get a better price than $80 on the SureRides.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC