Double stroller for 2yo and 5yo recs

mscarder

Okay just realized I dont have a stroller option for my 2yo and 5yo. The only double I have is a graco which is okay for how rare I use it with the 2yo and 6mo. We are planning on a day trip twice a month till fall and I dont think my 5yo will be able to walk all day long. Even last year she rode in the graco but theres no way that will work this year. My every day stroller is a Britax b-agile single and then I wear someone. I know I'll get several more years out of a double so I'd like a nice one. What should I get..Britax b-agile double or baby jogger city mini double or a Mac? Or if you're in love with another double feel free to share.

ADS

mscarder

I would love a tandem but I think they all basically stink lol. I thought about an inline double ( i think thats what you call it) but I dont think its practical with how close in age my kiddos will be. I know at some point I will be using the double as my everyday stroller.

jordansmom

Okay just realized I dont have a stroller option for my 2yo and 5yo. The only double I have is a graco which is okay for how rare I use it with the 2yo and 6mo. We are planning on a day trip twice a month till fall and I dont think my 5yo will be able to walk all day long. Even last year she rode in the graco but theres no way that will work this year. My every day stroller is a Britax b-agile single and then I wear someone. I know I'll get several more years out of a double so I'd like a nice one. What should I get..Britax b-agile double or baby jogger city mini double or a Mac? Or if you're in love with another double feel free to share.

I like our Valco zee two much more than I liked the Mac double and BJCMD I used to have. Not sure on the fit for a five year old, but my average sized four year old fits great still and can recline for an impromptu nap with head support if we are out all day. I also liked the look and weight of the valco snap double,but again, not sure on the size aspect. It takes up more room, but loved the BOB Duallie we had for a bit too on loan from my SIL!

ebp913

I second the Valco Zee Two or Snap Dual. Both are nice options but I would do the Zee Two for something a bit more full featured. I think it's nicer than the City Mini or B-Agile double. You can add the Joey seat to the Zee Two so it could hold 3 kids also.

ebp913

Don't do a Maclaren double. Its not a good stroller for long outings and its hard to push with bigger kids. I also think the B-Ready is nice for a tandem if you wanted to go in that direction.

Sunny_84

Not sure how big your 5 year old is but we have a baby trend expedition double jogger and its perfect for my 2 and 4 year old. Love having air tires. My 4 year old is 44" and 38 pounds.

View attachment 21424

Depends on the mood they are in, sometimes more separation would be nice. Lol.

Last edited:

wnkw

As much as i love our b-agile compared to our mini, id probably get the mini double. Dd1 (45") fits better in the mini single than b-agile. We also have a b-ready, but she looks ridiculous in it, and is more comfortable in the others. Id definitely go with a b-agile, mini, or the valco..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

mscarder

As much as i love our b-agile compared to our mini, id probably get the mini double. Dd1 (45") fits better in the mini single than b-agile. We also have a b-ready, but she looks ridiculous in it, and is more comfortable in the others. Id definitely go with a b-agile, mini, or the valco..

I could take my b-agile for DD and then use the b-ready for my two littles. I'm just not sure how the sun coverage would be on the bottom b-ready jump seat

keri1292

Hands down the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Double-Stroller-Shadow/dp/B006QH459I"]City Mini GT double[/ame]. Pricy, so stalk No Better Deal. :)

DMS721

The Bumbleride Indie Twin is a nice air tire double as well. Good canopies too.

My average sized almost 4 yr old is too big for this stroller. His head hits the canopy. I'd be afraid it would be too small for a 5 yr old. It is a very nice stroller though. It was at the top of my list until I actually put my DS1 into it.

I'd also suggest the City Mini GT. it fits older kids great and will work well on all terrains.

mscarder

I really dont need all terrain. As 90% off the time it will be used on pavement and in stores. Also the 5yo does not have to fit in it...as shes in the 95% height and weight. She does fit decently in the b-agile. Would the b-ready be a decent option for a 2yo and 6mo this month and then a newb and 15mo next year. or Even a b-agile double. I was just thinking if I stuck to one brand and got the britax adapter I could put my infant car seat on either stroller. I was thinking next summer I could put the two littlest in the b-ready or b-agile double and the almost 3yo in the b-agile single with a buggy board. And for short trips I could just wear someone and do a single stroller, buggy board, and wear the newb. I never realized how complicated having multiple small children could be? My husband thinks 2yo DS could walk next summer but my thought is with 3 under 3 they need to be contained.

wnkw

If you like the b-agile single, i think you'd be pleased with the double. I'd probably not get the b-ready again just bc it's a monster...

DMS721

I really dont need all terrain. As 90% off the time it will be used on pavement and in stores. Also the 5yo does not have to fit in it...as shes in the 95% height and weight. She does fit decently in the b-agile. Would the b-ready be a decent option for a 2yo and 6mo this month and then a newb and 15mo next year. or Even a b-agile double. I was just thinking if I stuck to one brand and got the britax adapter I could put my infant car seat on either stroller. I was thinking next summer I could put the two littlest in the b-ready or b-agile double and the almost 3yo in the b-agile single with a buggy board. And for short trips I could just wear someone and do a single stroller, buggy board, and wear the newb. I never realized how complicated having multiple small children could be? My husband thinks 2yo DS could walk next summer but my thought is with 3 under 3 they need to be contained.

With this info, I'd say the B Agile double, or at least instead of the BJCMD. The double BAgile has an adjustable handlebar, and you can also access the basket from the front, as there is a zipper in each of the footwells. I'm not a fan of the BReady, as I really don't like that lower second seat. I know many people like that, but it would never work for me. The size doesn't really bother me, but it is quite wide. It is the second seat position that is the deal breaker for me.

mscarder

Okay those of you who own or have compared the b-agile double and b-ready in person would you say that there isnt a huge difference in width? I know the b-agile double will be wider but would it be worth the few inches instead of the dealing with the heaviness of the b-ready double. The B-ready looks like a beast but I thought it might be nice to have something narrow but I'm now thinking its not really as narrow as I'd think?

Mary_Ann

I have a b-ready with 2nd seat for my daughters (4 1/2yo and 3mo). Dd1 is 41 inches and 42 pounds, she fits well and it's still not too heavy to push. Even though the 2nd seat is rated for 35 pounds, it's pretty small and i don't think a 2 or 3 yo would fits well. This stroller is great for walking, but too big for stores. Anyway, in double mode it takes a lot of room in the trunk and weighs 40lbs...

Last edited:

mscarder

I have a b-ready with 2nd seat for my daughters (4 1/2yo and 3mo). Dd1 is 41 inches and 42 pounds, she fits well and it's still not too heavy to push. Even though the 2nd seat is rated for 35 pounds, it's pretty small and i don't think a 2 or 3 yo would fits well. This stroller is great for walking, but too big for stores. Anyway, in double mode it takes a lot of room in the trunk and weighs 40lbs...

40lbs!! :eek: Yeah I think that takes it out of the running! I dont think I'd be able to lift it up and over the bumper of my Sienna as short as I am. Alright soo now that I've narrowed it down to a b-agile or one of its many twins... are they're any pros and cons to them

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I really like my BJCMD for around-town type stuff. It's easy to push with kids of different weights, it's easy to fold and lift, and it's got great storage, and my super-tall kids fit in it for a good long time, and the canopy can't be beat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC