Question Cosco APT 40RF

EmerysMommy

Does anyone use this carseat? I am having trouble finding any, and I would like to see some pictures of older toddlers in it rear facing. I am trying to weigh out the time we could use this seat. For the price it is a nice seat. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

ADS

AZmamaof2

I purchased this seat last October as an alternate to her BLVD, from amazon. Though when I bought it the cost was right around $50, and I probably would not have at the current price.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Juvenile-40RF-Convertible-Abbey/dp/B0077PIPUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370022077&sr=8-1&keywords=Cosco+Juvenile+APR+40RF+Convertible+Car+Seat"]Here[/ame]

My daughter is 24-25 lbs fully dressed, about 34" at a bit over 2 yo. She's on the small side, so maybe that's why everyone else's kiddos have outgrown it.

I will say that I hate the buckle system they use. It's hard to unbuckle her crotch strap. Otherwise, it has a nice pattern, decent padding, and cup holders. And I really just needed a back up seat in DH's car that RF for cheap.

(realized in your other thread that you already own the seat, so let me know if you still want pics)

Last edited:

EmerysMommy

Thanks! I do already own it. My LO is short for her age right now (between 15-20%) I was just curious if it would last any time. When I originally bought it I hadn't researched enough on how low the slots were. From online pics it was definitely hard to tell. Thank you for your input. She is 14 mo and has two slots left. One question how low is too low for the harness? Rfing is at or below but how much below can they be?

AZmamaof2

I think I may need to raise my harness to the upper slot. The cushion (maybe just in unoccupied mode) rises up so that the harness looks higher than the slots in the frame actually are. I will test it out tomorrow and let you know. If my DD is going to outgrow it soon I'll be very disappointed because I bought it under the belief that it would go to 40" or 40#, or at least until she is 3 or 3.5 yo...

nannykates

I think I heard this seat may actually be outgrown ff first because there is actually quite a bit of shell above the top harness slots.

AZmamaof2

I probably won't be bothering with it FF, just want to get ERF as long as possible in second vehicle. My BLVD65 RF in main car.

Hopefully not off-topic, but what are the general Car-seat-aholics thoughts on the SureRide DLX 65 - sugar plum, and Evenflo Tribute - kristy?
Would those be a better bet for longer ERF for height?

EmerysMommy

I have looked at those too! This is her main seat at the moment but feel like she deserves something more comfy.. Lol maybe that is a bit silly since it may not be uncomfortable but just honesty. I have been looking at the graco size4me... It will rear face forever and still last forward facing probably making the extra $50 of so dollars worth it in the long run..

hokie98

I agree with all of the above on the APT - don't bother! I bought one on sale at Target, thinking it was similar to the Scenera....but my 23 mo boy has outgrown it. I need to order a Scenera for him as our spare seat.

HaileysMommy

Thanks! I do already own it. My LO is short for her age right now (between 15-20%) I was just curious if it would last any time. When I originally bought it I hadn't researched enough on how low the slots were. From online pics it was definitely hard to tell. Thank you for your input. She is 14 mo and has two slots left. One question how low is too low for the harness? Rfing is at or below but how much below can they be?

My DD is less than 5% for height (by a lot if looking at the chart) and would have outgrown the Apt ages ago. She is 4.5 now and is even with the top slots in the Scenera. Most kids would have outgrown the Scenera at 3 if that explains how little she is.

HaileysMommy

I purchased this seat last October as an alternate to her BLVD, from amazon. Though when I bought it the cost was right around $50, and I probably would not have at the current price.

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Juvenile-40RF-Convertible-Abbey/dp/B0077PIPUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370022077&sr=8-1&keywords=Cosco+Juvenile+APR+40RF+Convertible+Car+Seat

My daughter is 24-25 lbs fully dressed, about 34" at a bit over 2 yo. She's on the small side, so maybe that's why everyone else's kiddos have outgrown it.

I will say that I hate the buckle system they use. It's hard to unbuckle her crotch strap. Otherwise, it has a nice pattern, decent padding, and cup holders. And I really just needed a back up seat in DH's car that RF for cheap.

(realized in your other thread that you already own the seat, so let me know if you still want pics)

Your daughter is small in terms of weight but not height. My 4.5 year old is only 37"...your daughter isn't short at all. Your daughter may have a short torso though which would give her more time.

AZmamaof2

Your daughter is small in terms of weight but not height. My 4.5 year old is only 37"...your daughter isn't short at all. Your daughter may have a short torso though which would give her more time.

You're right, I should have specified, small meant skinny not short. It does not seem like she has a long torso like big bro. I hope we can make it another year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC