Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cosco APT 40RF

Cosco APT 40RF

Does anyone use this carseat? I am having trouble finding any, and I would like to see some pictures of older toddlers in it rear facing. I am trying to weigh out the time we could use this seat. For the price it is a nice seat. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    My toddler outgrew it rf and ff at age two. The top slots are really low.

It has a crazy low top harness height. You would be way better off with another seat.

Yes my ds has already outgrown that seat and he isn't even 3 yet-

Carseat Crazy

Re: Cosco APT 40RF

I purchased this seat last October as an alternate to her BLVD, from amazon. Though when I bought it the cost was right around $50, and I probably would not have at the current price.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Juvenile-40RF-Convertible-Abbey/dp/B0077PIPUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370022077&sr=8-1&keywords=Cosco+Juvenile+APR+40RF+Convertible+Car +Seat"]Here[/ame]

My daughter is 24-25 lbs fully dressed, about 34" at a bit over 2 yo. She's on the small side, so maybe that's why everyone else's kiddos have outgrown it.

I will say that I hate the buckle system they use. It's hard to unbuckle her crotch strap. Otherwise, it has a nice pattern, decent padding, and cup holders. And I really just needed a back up seat in DH's car that RF for cheap.

(realized in your other thread that you already own the seat, so let me know if you still want pics)
    Last edited by AZmamaof2; 05-31-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks! I do already own it. My LO is short for her age right now (between 15-20%) I was just curious if it would last any time. When I originally bought it I hadn't researched enough on how low the slots were. From online pics it was definitely hard to tell. Thank you for your input. She is 14 mo and has two slots left. One question how low is too low for the harness? Rfing is at or below but how much below can they be?

Carseat Crazy

I think I may need to raise my harness to the upper slot. The cushion (maybe just in unoccupied mode) rises up so that the harness looks higher than the slots in the frame actually are. I will test it out tomorrow and let you know. If my DD is going to outgrow it soon I'll be very disappointed because I bought it under the belief that it would go to 40" or 40#, or at least until she is 3 or 3.5 yo...

CPS Technician
    I think I heard this seat may actually be outgrown ff first because there is actually quite a bit of shell above the top harness slots.

Carseat Crazy

I probably won't be bothering with it FF, just want to get ERF as long as possible in second vehicle. My BLVD65 RF in main car.

Hopefully not off-topic, but what are the general Car-seat-aholics thoughts on the SureRide DLX 65 - sugar plum, and Evenflo Tribute - kristy?
    Would those be a better bet for longer ERF for height?

CPS Technician
    Sureride is a better bet. It should get pretty much any kid the 40" rf limit with high top slotd for forward facing.

12. Thank You from:

I have looked at those too! This is her main seat at the moment but feel like she deserves something more comfy.. Lol maybe that is a bit silly since it may not be uncomfortable but just honesty. I have been looking at the graco size4me... It will rear face forever and still last forward facing probably making the extra $50 of so dollars worth it in the long run..

I agree with all of the above on the APT - don't bother! I bought one on sale at Target, thinking it was similar to the Scenera....but my 23 mo boy has outgrown it. I need to order a Scenera for him as our spare seat.

Carseat Crazy

I needed more of these negative votes in October....
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ight=cosco+apt

Quote Originally Posted by EmerysMommy View Post
    Thanks! I do already own it. My LO is short for her age right now (between 15-20%) I was just curious if it would last any time. When I originally bought it I hadn't researched enough on how low the slots were. From online pics it was definitely hard to tell. Thank you for your input. She is 14 mo and has two slots left. One question how low is too low for the harness? Rfing is at or below but how much below can they be?
    My DD is less than 5% for height (by a lot if looking at the chart) and would have outgrown the Apt ages ago. She is 4.5 now and is even with the top slots in the Scenera. Most kids would have outgrown the Scenera at 3 if that explains how little she is.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmamaof2 View Post
    I purchased this seat last October as an alternate to her BLVD, from amazon. Though when I bought it the cost was right around $50, and I probably would not have at the current price.

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Juvenile-40RF-Convertible-Abbey/dp/B0077PIPUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370022077&sr=8-1&keywords=Cosco+Juvenile+APR+40RF+Convertible+Car +Seat

My daughter is 24-25 lbs fully dressed, about 34" at a bit over 2 yo. She's on the small side, so maybe that's why everyone else's kiddos have outgrown it.

I will say that I hate the buckle system they use. It's hard to unbuckle her crotch strap. Otherwise, it has a nice pattern, decent padding, and cup holders. And I really just needed a back up seat in DH's car that RF for cheap.

(realized in your other thread that you already own the seat, so let me know if you still want pics)
    Your daughter is small in terms of weight but not height. My 4.5 year old is only 37"...your daughter isn't short at all. Your daughter may have a short torso though which would give her more time.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by HaileysMommy View Post
    Your daughter is small in terms of weight but not height. My 4.5 year old is only 37"...your daughter isn't short at all. Your daughter may have a short torso though which would give her more time.
    You're right, I should have specified, small meant skinny not short. It does not seem like she has a long torso like big bro. I hope we can make it another year.