Which should I choose: Kiddy Cruiserfix or Recaro Performance Booster?

girls2sweet

So, I had a Kiddy in my cart at NBD yesterday and let it go. I had decided to get a Recaro Performance Booster instead. I didn't want to make a rash decision when the Kiddy appeared and so I lost out on it. Now I'm questioning my decision. Which would you pick & why?

Kiddy (+) I just read somewhere that the Recaro may require a headrest behind it. I have a recaro ProRide in my car now and I had to take the headrest out for it to fit, which makes me worry a bit about the Recaro booster. If I have to take the headrest out for it to fit, that will be a problem if the headrest is required. I also read that the Cruiserfix does not require a headrest.

Recaro (+) The Recaro has cupholders. DD specifically requested cupholders. None on the Kiddy.

Kiddy (+) Expandable seat bottom. Is that really a concern? I have never heard concerns about the old Probooster being too short.

Recaro (+) Head & side support. This is major for me. I have heard that the Kiddy headwings are adequate, but not really that deep. To me, the deeper the headwings the better. Recaro always has really deep headwings. Also, the side support on the Recaro goes all the way down. The Kiddy has gaping holes in it's side support. While it does have side wings, they don't seem very big.

Recaro (+) While I like the Kiddy in red, I LOVE the pink Rose Recaro, and so does DD.

Install/Function (?) I've heard nothing but good about the belt guides on the Kiddy. Not sure about the Recaro, but never read anything negative. The Recaro obviously isn't out yet, but there's speculation the tippy issue may have been fixed.

Latch (?) Does anyone really know if rigid or loose latch is better?

Price (=) If I happen upon another NBD, they are very similar in price. I want to know in advance if I'm going to pull the trigger on the Kiddy beforehand though or wait on the Recaro. If I don't find another deal, the Recaro will win on this.

I *love* my Recaro ProRide. I feel it's the safest seat I've ever had my hands on. That's why I decided on the Recaro. When the Kiddy came up and I actually was able to get it in my cart, I freaked out and didn't know what to do. I was also looking at the Vivo, but I know it won't last as long and it also doesn't have cupholders. Yes, it's cheap, but I think I'd rather wait on the new Performance booster rather than get the Vivo. Anyone know when they are going to be released, BTW? I keep hearing "Summer."

Before anyone says anything, I want to note that I am not considering Britax Frontiers. I have a Britax now and I feel that the Recaro is way better than the Britax in the headwings and side support. I know it's a popular seat here, so I thought I'd get that out of the way!

Thanks!

ADS

bnsnyde

We have the Cruiserfix by Kiddy. I really like it. It's one of the only boosters to fit my midddle seat in our van. The crumple zone was a plus for me. Yes, the seat could be deeper. But the wings are soft which is nice for the kid next to the seat, too. The belt guides are a dream come true!

We also have lots of Recaro seats and they are my favorites. But, what I get depends on what will fit. I always heard some Recaro boosters were tippy, so we only have the Vivo (love that one too), which doesn't seem to have that problem.

Green Mama

Girls2sweet,

Which seat did you end up with? I'm also debating between the Recaro Performance Booster and the Kiddy Cruiserpro for my 5 1/2 year old (and also the new Maxi Cosi RodiFix). If you kept the Recaro, do you find that it's tippy as others have said? I can't find any of these seats near me to go try them out before ordering online...

Thanks!

YinzerMama

The new recaro booster is not supposed to be tippy like the old one. I think the old one was built too heavily on the racecar/sporty theme and assumed everyone was driving a car with bucket seats but the new one is more friendly with a wider variety of surfaces.

Probably going to get one but can't quite commit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC